PDA

View Full Version : If you could live anywhere in the UK

Bob
November 20th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the coast
so thoughts and views would be welcome.
I do all kinds of fishing so shore and rock access would be preferred.

I will also be buying a smallish boad something for fishing just off shore
only so access ir morring will be a consideration.

Bob

Simon
November 20th, 2003, 02:22 PM
Bob wrote:
> Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the coast
> so thoughts and views would be welcome.
> I do all kinds of fishing so shore and rock access would be preferred.
>
> I will also be buying a smallish boad something for fishing just off shore
> only so access ir morring will be a consideration.
>
> Bob

I live in Torquay (Devon) and wouldn't move from here for anything. I
turned down a £90k a year job because it would have meant me moving. I
love this place that much :)

Fishing is good, the fisherman are all very, very friendly and it's
quite a close knit community where you quickly start to make new friends.

My site (in sig) has info about fishing here plus a lot of other stuff
about Torbay.

Only thing here is you can pretty forget moorings. The waiting lists are
between 10 and 20 years but there are other towns close by where you can
moor cheap or free.

I moved here in '86 and I still love the place as much as I did on the
day I moved down here.

--

Simon Day
Free desktop wallpapers of Torbay at: http://www.simonday.com

mobydick
November 20th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Hayling Island

SEAANGLING
November 20th, 2003, 08:12 PM
>Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the coast

I'd choose Weymouth/Portland, perfect for everything but prices getting
expensive now, cheers, Norman.

SEAANGLING
November 20th, 2003, 08:14 PM
>Hayling Island

Don't recall many rock marks nearby when I was there today, must've blinked,
cheers, Norman.

Davy Holt
November 20th, 2003, 10:15 PM
In article >, Bob
> wrote
>Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the coast
>so thoughts and views would be welcome.
>I do all kinds of fishing so shore and rock access would be preferred.
>
>I will also be buying a smallish boad something for fishing just off shore
>only so access ir morring will be a consideration.
>
>Bob

Got to be the West Coast of Scotland.. For me it's Lochaline, great
fishing with fish that do put a bend in 50lb class rods within 50 yrds
of the shore. Loads of rock marks .... and Moorings... they are £50.00 a
year :-)
--
Davy Holt *** The Scottish Angling Homepage ***
Clydebank *** www.thecatchalot.co.uk ***

MSN Messenger:
ICQ : 81258455
Yahoo Messenger : davyh_2001

Christopher Wildman
November 20th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Plymouth.
Rock, beach, pier, estuary, inshore small boat & charter boat fishing
fishing are all excellent.
I do them all!

Chris.

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the
coast
> so thoughts and views would be welcome.
> I do all kinds of fishing so shore and rock access would be preferred.
>
> I will also be buying a smallish boad something for fishing just off shore
> only so access ir morring will be a consideration.
>
> Bob

Malda
November 21st, 2003, 07:29 AM
"Bob" > wrote in message
> Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the
coast
> so thoughts and views would be welcome.
> I do all kinds of fishing so shore and rock access would be preferred.
>
> I will also be buying a smallish boad something for fishing just off shore
> only so access ir morring will be a consideration.
>
> Bob

Ilfracombe. Untouched by Trawlers. Good range of species from boats /
shore.

Martin

mobydick
November 21st, 2003, 09:29 AM
We got rocks, just have to know where to look

SEAANGLING
November 21st, 2003, 06:50 PM
>Ilfracombe. Untouched by Trawlers.

That's put the kiss of death on it, now there'll be trawlers everywhere,
cheers, Norman.

Marty
November 22nd, 2003, 01:25 AM
"Bob" > wrote in message
> Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the
coast
> so thoughts and views would be welcome.
> I do all kinds of fishing so shore and rock access would be preferred.
>
> I will also be buying a smallish boad something for fishing just off shore
> only so access ir morring will be a consideration.
>
> Bob
>
>I live in N/E England and i fish all round the country and i would not
hesitate --WITHOUT DOUBT south west SCOTLANDaround the Mull of Galloway area
Had almost everything from the shore including Conger & Tope and if you
launch into Luce bay then you can catch tope for FUN.

Colin Smith
November 22nd, 2003, 09:31 AM
North Wales/Anglesey - great fishing from shore and boat. Property prices to
suit all.
Smudge

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Which part of teh coast would it be, I am selling up and moving to the
coast
> so thoughts and views would be welcome.
> I do all kinds of fishing so shore and rock access would be preferred.
>
> I will also be buying a smallish boad something for fishing just off shore
> only so access ir morring will be a consideration.
>
> Bob

Malda
November 27th, 2003, 07:08 PM
"mobydick" > wrote in message
> We got rocks, just have to know where to look

Hence no Trawlers. Great fishing of the headlands for Ray and Conger.