PDA

View Full Version : Bait

CapStick
November 23rd, 2003, 02:33 AM
I am thinking of trying to use Mussels,
They "Read Up" as easy to collect and also store for a few days.

---

Gray
November 23rd, 2003, 04:43 PM
"CapStick" > wrote in message
> I am thinking of trying to use Mussels,
> They "Read Up" as easy to collect and also store for a few days.

Whack a bit of squid on with them too good cocktail with Mackerel as well

--
Regards
Gray

---

John
November 24th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Easy to collect, but you've got to shell a lot of them to get a reasonable
amount of bait. If you're really keen you can collect a couple of pails,
shell them, then freeze them so you've got enough for a few trips. If you
get sick of shelling mussels, try buying some razor shells at a local
fishmongers. They shell much easier, and you get a lot more bait for your
efforts.

John

--
Remove P's and BEANZ from to reply
"CapStick" > wrote in message
> I am thinking of trying to use Mussels,
> They "Read Up" as easy to collect and also store for a few days.
>

> ---

CapStick
November 25th, 2003, 11:29 PM
"John" > wrote in message
> Easy to collect, but you've got to shell a lot of them to get a reasonable
> amount of bait. If you're really keen you can collect a couple of pails,
> shell them, then freeze them so you've got enough for a few trips. If you
> get sick of shelling mussels, try buying some razor shells at a local
> fishmongers. They shell much easier, and you get a lot more bait for your
> efforts.
>
> John
>
> --
I have now collected some.