PDA

View Full Version : Dungeness Fishing report

Dave
November 23rd, 2003, 01:17 PM
The Bedford Sea Angling Club held its annual beach match at Dungeness on
Saturday night from 4pm to Midnight.

When we arrived the beach was already busy with fishermen but we got in
between the point and where the boats are kept on the beach.

We were fishing up and over the tide so we could get the best times.

Bait was fresh and frozen lug, ragworm and squid.

Within minutes of casting the rod was rattling and the whiting started to
come ashore along with dabs, pout and a rockling. Someone nearby by caught a
couple of nice Cod around the 6 to 8lb but I did not see them myself.

Weather was bit mixed but from about 10pm it started to rain and continued
even when we were packing up to come home.

All in all we had a good time, most caught fish in excess of 20 each and
many were returned to fight another day.

I can recommend "Seagull's Tackle shop for some good quality bait and the
latest information on how it is fishing.

Regards

Dave