PDA

View Full Version : boat fishing off penarth

Alan Willavise
November 25th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Going on boat trip shortly off penarth,havent been for afew years due
to work commitments.what type of rigs should i use and baits thinking of the
tidal pull in the channel.also size of weights?

CDOYLE0361
November 26th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Black lug and squid thats all you need on a good size Pennel rig of 24inches.
Size 4\0-6\0\ depend upon pattern
Gripleads can get away with a 6oz but take some 8oz fixed grippers incase of
strong tide
What boat are you going on?
Colin www.wfsa.org.uk

Howell Rees
November 27th, 2003, 01:10 AM
I got to tell you I spent 3 days up there last weekend, on my own boat.
Don't bother, the fishing is horendous, there is so little being caught. In
fact of the 3 days I fished, we then sailed back to Swansea and in half an
hour of anchoring in Swansea I caught more whiting, dabs, dogs on one rod
than I did in the 3 days we were at Penarth. I was going to write a report
on the fishing but this about says it all. There were 3 of us on my boat
with at least 2 rods each, total catch was 1 3lb cod, a few whiting and a
few dogs. I wish I had stayed in Swansea. We had bought 12lb of lug and
squid, and ended up throwing half of it away. Very dissapointed, but thats
fishing for you.

--
Regards

Howell Rees

Co-Owner & Skipper of Hazelrigg
(Moody 31Mk2)

A bad day at sea is better than a good day at the office