PDA

View Full Version : Ok then, which Rod is best value for money?

Antony Wills
November 26th, 2003, 07:43 PM
right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best rod
around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.

---

Andy Stacey
November 26th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Century Tip Tornado Match

Andy
"Antony Wills" > wrote in message
> right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best rod
> around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.
>

> ---

PhilG
November 26th, 2003, 08:45 PM
> right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best rod
> around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.

I am currently using a Century Special Beachcaster, I also have my on one of
those Carbon Metal's

> ---

Handy Andy
November 26th, 2003, 08:57 PM
mine !

"Andy Stacey" > wrote in message
> Century Tip Tornado Match
>
> Andy
> "Antony Wills" > wrote in message
> > right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best
rod
> > around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.
> >

> > ---

SEAANGLING
November 26th, 2003, 10:30 PM
>which, in your opinion, is the best rod
>around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.

Without doubt the new Shakespeares, 14-15 & 16 feet of quality and performance.
Have a look at one, up there with all the BIG names now but not at big name
prices. Downside, if you can call it that, they're designed for fixed spool
reels but will handle a multiplier. With a good F/S reel and light line they'll
put a bait out of sight with an overhead thump. Some of the England shore team
used them in Portugal to win gold. They beat the continentals at their own game
on their home patch. Awesome. Cheers, Norman.

Bob Hewitt
November 27th, 2003, 01:37 PM
I've just bought a Brian Meades Beach Flyer, by Conoflex, and it's the best
all round rod for light fishing I've ever had. Rated at 2oz - 5oz its light
and responsive, serious bait detection and good for about 180yrds. A magic
bit of kit.

Chees,

Bob Hewitt

"Antony Wills" > wrote in message
> right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best rod
> around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.
>

> ---

Antony Wills
November 27th, 2003, 03:01 PM
must admit, I do like my original tip tornado (12ft, 4 to 6 oz)
but I am impressed with some of the shakespeare rods, the Atlantic
immediately comes to mind.
also the Abu conolon is another i like.

---

andymarquis
November 27th, 2003, 06:41 PM
The Abu premium Bass graphite rod is bl00dy good. Just got one and worth the
£70

Andy
"Antony Wills" > wrote in message
> right, lets get a topic on the go, which, in your opinion, is the best rod
> around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.
>

> ---

Davy Holt
November 27th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Any of the Fladden maximus range of boat rods... well built and
inexpensive
--
Davy Holt *** The Scottish Angling Homepage ***
Clydebank *** www.thecatchalot.co.uk ***

MSN Messenger:
ICQ : 81258455
Yahoo Messenger : davyh_2001

SEAANGLING
November 27th, 2003, 09:27 PM
>Any of the Fladden maximus range of boat rods... well built and >inexpensive
>--
Hi Davy, just got the 20-30 traveller, great rod, good price, 3 pieces and fits
into it's own tube, it's going to be tested in Oman next week, as you said,
well built and inexpensive, cheers, Norman.

CDOYLE0361
November 27th, 2003, 11:05 PM
JUST BOUGHT A TIP TORNADO ON mONDAY CAN'T WAIT TO TRY IT HAD IT OFF A LAD WHOWA
SSKINT IN EXCELLENT CONDITION

CDOYLE0361
November 27th, 2003, 11:08 PM
My mate bought a Fladden Warbird, all the lads were taking the **** out of him
but what a excellent value rod and it looks quality, good caster as well.
Shocked me

Peter Smith
December 1st, 2003, 07:15 PM
K2 Extreme is no available for multipliers
http://www.shakespeare-fishing.co.uk/1365.html thinking of getting my hands
on the 16.8' anyone tried fishing one of these yet?

Have up speced the reels to Abu Ambasseduers 6500 CS Mag Elite and 7000 BG
HS so now it's the rods turn...

Got a serious addiction problem 10 rods and 11 Reels :)

"SEAANGLING" > wrote in message
> >which, in your opinion, is the best rod
> >around, giving value for money, performance, build etc.
>
> Without doubt the new Shakespeares, 14-15 & 16 feet of quality and
performance.
> Have a look at one, up there with all the BIG names now but not at big
name
> prices. Downside, if you can call it that, they're designed for fixed
spool
> reels but will handle a multiplier. With a good F/S reel and light line
they'll
> put a bait out of sight with an overhead thump. Some of the England shore
team
> used them in Portugal to win gold. They beat the continentals at their own
game
> on their home patch. Awesome. Cheers, Norman.

---

SEAANGLING
December 1st, 2003, 08:37 PM
>Got a serious addiction problem 10 rods and 11 Reels :)

If you think that's a problem, you don't want to look in my garage, cheers,
Norman.

Davy Holt
December 1st, 2003, 09:05 PM
In article >, SEAANGLING
> wrote
>>Got a serious addiction problem 10 rods and 11 Reels :)
>
>If you think that's a problem, you don't want to look in my garage, cheers,
>Norman.

Same here Norman... 10.. That's nothing.. I'm usually carrying more on
the boat for a weekend trip :-)

--
Davy Holt *** The Scottish Angling Homepage ***
Clydebank *** www.thecatchalot.co.uk ***
Scotland

MSN Messenger:
ICQ : 81258455
Yahoo Messenger : davyh_2001

CDOYLE0361
December 1st, 2003, 10:13 PM
You guys must be like octopusses to fish with all them rods

SEAANGLING
December 1st, 2003, 11:16 PM
>You guys must be like octopusses to fish with all them rods

No! 6lb to 80lb boat rods, uptide rods, roller rods, standup sticks, spinning
rods, ledger, float, mullet and bass rods.
11/12 ft to 16ft beach rods. No fly rods (yet!) Fixed spool reels, casting
multipliers, boat reels, 2 speed boat reels, lever drag reels, closed faced
spinning reels, might have a couple of old centre pin reels somewhere. All have
a use at some time. Some will never be used, too good or collectors items, most
have fond memories and my daughters don't fish so they are all in good nick.
Handy to have if a friend or family member wants to try it. Cheers, Norman.