PDA

View Full Version : Livewell Pump Questiom

Chuck Coger
September 25th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Pump went out on my livewell. I am trying to remove the old pump but the nut
wont budge. I s there some kind of disolving formula I should be using to
remove the silicone sealant that is obviously anchoring it down.

I am one step short of cutting this thing out, any secrets out there?

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

Steve Erwin
September 25th, 2003, 02:55 AM
Is the pump the kind that is thru the transom or is it the kind that sticks
thru the bottom of the hull?

"Chuck Coger" > wrote in message
> Pump went out on my livewell. I am trying to remove the old pump but the
nut
> wont budge. I s there some kind of disolving formula I should be using to
> remove the silicone sealant that is obviously anchoring it down.
>
> I am one step short of cutting this thing out, any secrets out there?
>
> ---
> Chuck Coger
> http://www.fishin-pro.com

Chuck Coger
September 25th, 2003, 03:22 AM
It was a recirc. pump. Ount and back in the back of the livewell. Just took
a little brute force:). Now I got to get a new hose and I am back in
business.

Just have to wash it out good tomorrow and get all of the sealant residue
off and out of the livewell.

Thanks
---
Chuck Coger