PDA

View Full Version : is this rel any good for my needs

willherb
December 4th, 2003, 12:21 PM
I want to buy a fixed spool reel. I fish of of Folkestone and Deal pier but
I am going to update my reel as it appears to be on its way out. I would be
after fish small and large with an average casting distance. I hope this
information helps.

Any comments

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3642761399&category=361
64

SEAANGLING
December 4th, 2003, 04:36 PM
> I would be>after fish small and large with an average casting distance.
Looks good value but what's the line capacity? Cheers, Norman.

willherb
December 5th, 2003, 12:06 PM
300 yards of 10 pound line

"SEAANGLING" > wrote in message
> > I would be>after fish small and large with an average casting distance.
> Looks good value but what's the line capacity? Cheers, Norman.

Alex
December 5th, 2003, 01:49 PM
"willherb" > wrote in message
> 300 yards of 10 pound line
Why would you want 300yds of line to fish of a pier?
However I am a little eccentric when it comes to reels. modern ones weigh a
ton. The one you are looking at looks heavy. I can never understand why
people spend a fortune on lightweight carbon rods and then stick great big
heavy reel on them.
An "040" or 3000 to 4000 reel will be more than adequate for what you are
using it for. I assume you are not using a beachcaster. UGH!.
Shimano do a really good range in this size with spare spools for around
£20. take a look at the "Catana" range.

> "SEAANGLING" > wrote in message
> > > I would be>after fish small and large with an average casting
distance.
> > Looks good value but what's the line capacity? Cheers, Norman.

SEAANGLING
December 5th, 2003, 04:41 PM
>300 yards of 10 pound line

Go for 12-15lb and that should be ok.