PDA

View Full Version : Telescopic Rods

CapStick
December 6th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Fors and Against of Telescopic Rods

---

SEAANGLING
December 6th, 2003, 05:15 PM
>Fors and Against of Telescopic Rods

Why bother with a telescopic rod whan you can get a Fladen travel rod, in a
tube. Have a look, you will be pleasantly surprised,
cheers, Norman.

CapStick
December 6th, 2003, 06:21 PM
"SEAANGLING" > wrote in message
> >Fors and Against of Telescopic Rods
>
> Why bother with a telescopic rod whan you can get a Fladen travel rod, in
> tube. Have a look, you will be pleasantly surprised,
> cheers, Norman.

Got a link to that please norman

---

Alex
December 6th, 2003, 06:50 PM
"CapStick" > wrote in message
> Fors and Against of Telescopic Rods
Fors:
They serve a purpose. When I am on holiday by the coast I keep a small 8ft
tele rigged up for float fishing in my boot. with some packs of sealed
bait. This is easily changed for a spot of light ledgering.
You will be surprised at the opportunities you get for using it.
My wife and mother in law like to poke around the shops. I head off to the
quay or rocks for half an hour.
When you get fed up fishing you can fold it down and carry it into the
nearest pub with you. I have spent many relaxing hours like this, far
better than lugging lots of gear and 12ft rods around with you.
Against.
They are not as strong as normal rods, however mine cost £15 and I have used
it now for a couple of years.
If you are using them as an easily transported ready to use tool I see none.

SEAANGLING
December 7th, 2003, 10:08 AM
>Got a link to that please norman

To be honest no but you could try looking for YYS International on the web,
that may throw something up. I know because the last time I was there Mike
showed me these superb rods, boat, 3 pieces, beach,
6 pieces, I think, match etc, they were still being evaluated but I know
someone who's since bought the 20-30lb boat rod and is over the moon with it as
it comes in a hard tube that fits in a suitcase, he's now in Oman with it. Or
you could try the Weymouth Angling Centre site as they do a lot of YYS/Fladen
stuff. Hope you find something, cheers, Norman.

steven burling
December 7th, 2003, 09:27 PM
"Alex" > wrote in message

> "CapStick" > wrote in message
> > Fors and Against of Telescopic Rods
> Fors:
> They serve a purpose. When I am on holiday by the coast I keep a small 8ft
> tele rigged up for float fishing in my boot.

So pray tell, how do you float fish in your boot?, do you have extra large
feet?

> My wife and mother in law like to poke around the shops.

Ooh Eer vicar, I wont ask,, poking in shops, whatever next.

Happy Xmas

Steve :-)