PDA

View Full Version : Logan-Martin

BassMr.
September 25th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Heading out to Logan-Martin in the morning.Have any of you guys fished there
recently? Ronnie,Chief ?
I am looking forward to it,have always had good trips there in the past and
even won a tournament there the first time I fished it back when I had hair!

Chuck Coger
September 25th, 2003, 08:34 PM
My dad was there last weekend I believe.
He said he caught some decent spots 1-2 1/2 range. Not sure where he was
fishing but I know what he always throws ;)
Watermelon Seed Zoom Flukes (wieghtless), and he said he raised a few of the
better fish on a small white buzzbait.

Again not real sure where he was on the lake. Hope that helps.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com

"BassMr." > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Heading out to Logan-Martin in the morning.Have any of you guys fished
there
> recently? Ronnie,Chief ?
> I am looking forward to it,have always had good trips there in the past
and
> even won a tournament there the first time I fished it back when I had
hair!

Da Chief
September 25th, 2003, 09:05 PM
If you are going to be on the south end of the lake, I'd suggest trying the
point off the long "strip" at the exit/entrance to Clear Creek Marina. The
locals will hit it early. Seems the LM and such like that point early in the
morning. From there go almost directly across the lake (west side) and look
for the sheer drop offs along the banks heading north. You will know it when
you find them (5ft to 20+ ft, bam! just like that). Two weeks ago I caught
all mine on CR with green pumpkin senko. The bite is early and late, in
between for us was a lot of frustration. Good luck.

All outgoing e mail virus free via Norton Utilities

RGarri7470
September 26th, 2003, 01:36 AM
>Heading out to Logan-Martin in the morning.Have any of you guys fished there
>recently

Not recently, but if you put in up the lake near the interstate bridge try the
pilings with little crankbaits and jigs, and topwater early. I won a late
summer tournament there a few years ago on that pattern.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

BassMr.
September 26th, 2003, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys! I too have had good success there w/ the white buzzbait and the
C-rig,only I was throwing the Zoom gr/pumpkin trick worm w/ the tail dyed
chartreuse.I don't know if I will get to try those pilings Ronnie,we put in
at the BP down past the Bull,so it's quite a run back up to the
interstate.But that's what boats are for huh?Have a good weekend everybody!

BassMr.
September 29th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Had a pretty fair weekend on LM.
Why is it you always catch a lot of fish when you are not in a tournament?
Most came on the C-rig after the cold front went through.Friday night and
Saturday morning was buzzbait heaven with lots of action.The fish weren't as
shallow as I figured they would be,with almost all our strikes coming in
water off the bank from 6-12 ft. deep.
Lots of fun,but when we go back for a tournament you know what will
happen...........
In all we caught 31fish w /biggest almost 4 pounds,and lots of spotted bass.