PDA

View Full Version : Product Review

Bob La Londe
September 25th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Rod Carrier - Cabelas Angler's Tote

I'll do more comprehensive prouct review after I have used it for my
intended purpose a couple times. I bought it so I could carry more than a
couple rods when I fish out of somebody else's boat in a tournament or as a
guest without getting my equipment all tangled up and breaking rods.

The price is very reasonable at 28.99 plus shipping. so I figured I would
give it a try. It arrived yesterday, and I just had some time to open the
box and check it out.

Basically is a carrier / rack for eight rods.

Assembly was pretty straight forward, but as suggested in their instruction
you should definitely soak a couple of the plastic pieces in hot water for a
few minutes prior to putting it together. The assembly was still a little
tight. That is in my opinion a good thing. That means it won't be sliding
around and getting all out of shape later.

With five rods it stands up nicely. No suggestion of falling or tipping on
a flat surface. I think with eight rods the reels will bang around a bit,
but that is a comprimise against size. For a holder that is easy to get
rods in and out of it is pretty compact. It will also help keep rods and
lines from getting tangled.

The plastic clips holding the rods work fine on a warm day like today, but I
can see where it might be a problem on a cold day when the plastic is a
little stiffer.

The plastic is grey and has no marking indicating UV resistance. We will
see how it holds up to the Arizona sun.

After I have used it in the field a few times I'll let you know what I
really think of it.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az