PDA

View Full Version : Braid

PhilG
December 12th, 2003, 09:58 AM
Sorry if that has been asked before but I cannot find much info about it.

I am after a site that will show me how to tie:

mono to braid
braid to hook(s)/swivels

Any help please?

Handy Andy
December 12th, 2003, 10:44 AM
for starters
http://www.marinews.com/fishing/fk_main.htm
tight lines and good knots

"PhilG" > wrote in message
.. .
> Sorry if that has been asked before but I cannot find much info about it.
>
> I am after a site that will show me how to tie:
>
> mono to braid
> braid to hook(s)/swivels
>
> Any help please?

Handy Andy
December 12th, 2003, 10:46 AM
and a nice useful site
http://www.sea-fishing.com/
loads of ideas and info here
enjoy

"PhilG" > wrote in message
.. .
> Sorry if that has been asked before but I cannot find much info about it.
>
> I am after a site that will show me how to tie:
>
> mono to braid
> braid to hook(s)/swivels
>
> Any help please?

PhilG
December 12th, 2003, 12:19 PM
> for starters
> http://www.marinews.com/fishing/fk_main.htm
> tight lines and good knots

That is the site I was looking for, I somehow lost the entry in my favs
folder.

On the braid side what know would I use for:

(1) Tying to hooks swvels etc
(2) To use to attach a mono shock absorber

On the mono side:

(1) What knot would I use to attach the mono to braid

I am well aware that you require more turns for braid than for mono! Sorry
to appear a bit dim but all of my knot tying experience is in mono not braid

> > Sorry if that has been asked before but I cannot find much info about
it.

> > I am after a site that will show me how to tie:
> >
> > mono to braid
> > braid to hook(s)/swivels
> >
> > Any help please?

CDOYLE0361
December 12th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Good website that cheers

Handy Andy
December 12th, 2003, 07:04 PM
I can recommend the "Uniknot", for mono/mono , mono/braid, all/dacron etc.
I use it for nearly ALL my knots, hooks , swivels, clips etc. and for line
to line joins. It replaces blood knots, grinners and all those others that
slip !! In the main I use 4 or 5 turns on 15lb mono and 30lb braid (same
diameters) 3 or 4 on shock leaders 40 to 60lb mono, and 6 to 8 on thin line
below 15lb. When tying mono shock to braid mainline, use say 3 turns on
50lb mono to 6 turns of 30lb braid ( = 15lb mono diameter). Do not pull the
mono tight before getting the braid to pull up tidy like, then ease both
tight evenly / together. If you don't, there is a very good chance the
braid will 'slice' the mono !! oops!

.. .