PDA

View Full Version : Charter boats Plymouth area

JohnD
December 18th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Can anyone recommend a skipper/boat in the Plymouth/Torquay area for a
day's wrecking trip with a group of mostly inexperienced (adult)
anglers, all of whom would need to hire tackle for the day? I am
assuming I would need to book now for a trip next summer?

John

§ t î x
December 18th, 2003, 10:22 PM
"JohnD" > wrote in message
om...
> Can anyone recommend a skipper/boat in the Plymouth/Torquay area for a
> day's wrecking trip with a group of mostly inexperienced (adult)
> anglers, all of whom would need to hire tackle for the day? I am
> assuming I would need to book now for a trip next summer?
>
> John

http://www.theafricanqueen.co.uk
Been on the boat a few times. They have plenty of rods. Very accomodating
with breakfast roll and pastie for lunch on request. Cups of tea every
hour.
Skipper knows his stuff. Not too sure about wrecking....we stayed local and
did a few small wrecks.

JohnD
December 22nd, 2003, 10:07 AM
"§ t î x" <m r s t i > wrote in message >...

> http://www.theafricanqueen.co.uk
> Been on the boat a few times. They have plenty of rods. Very accomodating
> with breakfast roll and pastie for lunch on request. Cups of tea every
> hour.
> Skipper knows his stuff. Not too sure about wrecking....we stayed local and
> did a few small wrecks.

Thanks for the information, I wil give him a call.

John

§ t î x
December 22nd, 2003, 10:35 AM
> > http://www.theafricanqueen.co.uk
> > Been on the boat a few times. They have plenty of rods. Very
accomodating
> > with breakfast roll and pastie for lunch on request. Cups of tea every
> > hour.
> > Skipper knows his stuff. Not too sure about wrecking....we stayed local
and
> > did a few small wrecks.
>

> Thanks for the information, I wil give him a call.
>
> John

Let us all know too if he does deep wrecks. We did a lot of drifting over
the Skerries.
Good luck,

Derek.Moody
December 22nd, 2003, 04:51 PM
In article >, JohnD
> wrote:
> "§ t î x" <m r s t i > wrote in message news:<DMpEb.86905$Y72.38082@
> news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk>...
>

> > http://www.theafricanqueen.co.uk
> > Been on the boat a few times. They have plenty of rods. Very accomodating
> > with breakfast roll and pastie for lunch on request. Cups of tea every
> > hour.
> > Skipper knows his stuff. Not too sure about wrecking....we stayed local and
> > did a few small wrecks.
>

> Thanks for the information, I wil give him a call.

Be cautious about booking a trip to distant wrecks if lots of your crew are
inexperienced - they may not be up to a tough trip and they may be better
suited by a variety of inshore catches. You don't want to put them off
forever on their first trip.

Cheerio,

--

Stonefisher
September 25th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Can anyone recommend a skipper/boat in the Plymouth/Torquay area for a
day's wrecking trip with a group of mostly inexperienced (adult)
anglers, all of whom would need to hire tackle for the day? I am
assuming I would need to book now for a trip next summer?

John

John - have you considered being the skipper yourself? Have a look at my website www.stonefisher-charters.co.uk. I'm starting a self-drive charter business from 1 Jun next year out of Queen Annes Battery Marina, Plymouth. The boats have a 20 mile CoP, good fishing marks loaded into the GPS and I can give as much boat handling instruction as you need. I can provide good quality tackle and a fine selection of fresh seasonal baits. If you'd still prefer a skipper, try the Bounty for up to 6 fishermen. You can get details through Clives Tackle and Bait on the web. Hope you enjoy your day either way.

Rob

Christopher Wildman
September 26th, 2005, 09:50 AM
JohnD.

Missed your original post - sorry,

These boats operate out of Plymouth,

SHARKER II (mine) licensed for 12 inc crew so 10 anglers, (10 + 2)
THAMESIS II - 10 + 2,
SCORPION - 10 + 2,
WARRIOR - 8 + 2,
SEA ANGLER 10+ 2
SIZE MATTERS 12 + 2
BOUNTY 6 + 2
C CHEETAH (or new name on new boat due soon) probably 10 + 2

I believe that all of us can provide all required tackle, we all want our
parties to do well, so help as much as we can.

I can provide all contact numbers but would rather do this direct to you as
I make a point of not "Spamming" the newsgroup.

If you want Conger - small (neap) tides.

Pollack - big (spring) tides.

General fishing (some of each) middle tides.

The sooner you book the more likely you get the dates you want - all boats
are taking bookings for next year.

Regards

Chris Wildman
Owner/Skipper/Tea & Coffee Maker SHARKER II

"Stonefisher" > wrote in message
.. .

> JohnD Wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a skipper/boat in the Plymouth/Torquay area for a
>> day's wrecking trip with a group of mostly inexperienced (adult)
>> anglers, all of whom would need to hire tackle for the day? I am
>> assuming I would need to book now for a trip next summer?
>>
>> John
>
> John - have you considered being the skipper yourself? Have a look at
> my website www.stonefisher-charters.co.uk. I'm starting a self-drive
> charter business from 1 Jun next year out of Queen Annes Battery
> Marina, Plymouth. The boats have a 20 mile CoP, good fishing marks
> loaded into the GPS and I can give as much boat handling instruction as
> you need. I can provide good quality tackle and a fine selection of
> fresh seasonal baits. If you'd still prefer a skipper, try the Bounty
> for up to 6 fishermen. You can get details through Clives Tackle and
> Bait on the web. Hope you enjoy your day either way.
>
> Rob
>

> --
> Stonefisher

Cliff
September 28th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Chris, put the numbers up cos with the amount of info you have provided I
wouldnt call it spam.
"Christopher Wildman" > wrote in message
> JohnD.
>
> Missed your original post - sorry,
>
> These boats operate out of Plymouth,
>
> SHARKER II (mine) licensed for 12 inc crew so 10 anglers, (10 + 2)
> THAMESIS II - 10 + 2,
> SCORPION - 10 + 2,
> WARRIOR - 8 + 2,
> SEA ANGLER 10+ 2
> SIZE MATTERS 12 + 2
> BOUNTY 6 + 2
> C CHEETAH (or new name on new boat due soon) probably 10 + 2
>
> I believe that all of us can provide all required tackle, we all want
our
> parties to do well, so help as much as we can.
>
> I can provide all contact numbers but would rather do this direct to you
> as I make a point of not "Spamming" the newsgroup.
>
> If you want Conger - small (neap) tides.
>
> Pollack - big (spring) tides.
>
> General fishing (some of each) middle tides.
>
> The sooner you book the more likely you get the dates you want - all
boats
> are taking bookings for next year.
>
> Regards
>
> Chris Wildman
> Owner/Skipper/Tea & Coffee Maker SHARKER II
>

> "Stonefisher" > wrote in
> message .. .
>>
>> JohnD Wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend a skipper/boat in the Plymouth/Torquay area for a
>>> day's wrecking trip with a group of mostly inexperienced (adult)
>>> anglers, all of whom would need to hire tackle for the day? I am
>>> assuming I would need to book now for a trip next summer?
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> John - have you considered being the skipper yourself? Have a look at
>> my website www.stonefisher-charters.co.uk. I'm starting a self-drive
>> charter business from 1 Jun next year out of Queen Annes Battery
>> Marina, Plymouth. The boats have a 20 mile CoP, good fishing marks
>> loaded into the GPS and I can give as much boat handling instruction as
>> you need. I can provide good quality tackle and a fine selection of
>> fresh seasonal baits. If you'd still prefer a skipper, try the Bounty
>> for up to 6 fishermen. You can get details through Clives Tackle and
>> Bait on the web. Hope you enjoy your day either way.
>>
>> Rob
>>

>> --
>> Stonefisher

It has removed 179 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

Iain Douglas
October 1st, 2005, 06:26 PM
I'm not affiliated to this site

http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/Main%20Home%20Page01.htm

Lists charters for the whole country ...

Plymouth in particular is here

http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/Locations/Plymouth.htm

and Torquay here

http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/Locations/Torquay.htm