PDA

View Full Version : Re: What is a mudfish

Grizz
September 26th, 2003, 12:40 AM
On 13 Sep 2003 05:44:03 -0700, (BAGman)
wrote:

>I've read this whole thread and I don't understand the aversion to a
>fine fighting fish.
>Bowfin anglers are sportsmen. We don't cut the heads off bass we
>catch just because we were fishing for bowfin.
>Thank you
>Chuck

To each his own. On Kissimmee, they are VERY abundant and interfere
with my pursuit of my preffered fish. They eat anything...are EASY to
catch often swimming the lenght of my boat looking for a handout and
have to be landed via a net which they screw up in eel like fashion.

PITA big time and not much sport...just pull no jumping..might as well
hook a turtle.

Enjoy!

Later

Grizzl
"LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUTA MY WAY!"
'93 FXDL followed closely by Squeaks '96 Hugger

Dusty
October 2nd, 2003, 02:03 AM
Your damm right Chuck...i have never heard such whining and crying out
of a group of people. I must have forgotten that when you go fishing
that you only want to catch your "target species" Dont get me wrong i
like catching bass just as much as anyone else, but be serious people,
have some respect for the life that you are taking. I fish for the
sport of it, single barbless hooks only with all fish being released
after the catch. Being a fisheries biologist and the knowledge of
fish that i do i have too much respect for how much fish have to
contens with to reach adulthood. Just think of it this way, that fish
you are leaving on the bank to die is one of maybe 50,000 fry which
initially hatched in it's clutch. Out of those 50,000, at best 10
will survive to adulthood, and that is a stretch. Odds are not good
for survival...and all your posts show is you lack of knowledge..you
go ahead and keep throwing the fish on the bank and cutting off their
heads, but maybe someday you will have the sense enough to let the
fish go to be enjoyed by someone else who has half a brain on their
head.

Good luck fishing...try not to get that slime on your boat, otr maybe
you can put some plastic down to keep it off.

Dusty
New York State
Department of Environmental Conservation