PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Wight vacation

Hank Perrée
January 6th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Hello,

I am from Holland and plan to have my vacation on Isle of Wight end july
first half of august. Can someone give me information about slipways on the
Isle (plan to take my own boat) and maybe some spots to go fishing. Like to
go fishing tope, ray, conger and bream.

Thanks in advance

Hank

Derek.Moody
January 7th, 2004, 04:22 AM
In article >, Hank Perrée
> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am from Holland and plan to have my vacation on Isle of Wight end july
> first half of august. Can someone give me information about slipways on the
> Isle (plan to take my own boat) and maybe some spots to go fishing. Like to
> go fishing tope, ray, conger and bream.

I dare say someone will be along to help soon (Anyone?) as they're not
waters I fish.

Warning: The waters around the IOW are very different from NL waters.
Expect more tide, more swell and deeper water than you are used to. There
are lots of charts and sailing guides that will help you, get them early and
study them. Spend a while getting your safety gear up to top standard.

The water will be very busy at that time of year and if the weather is fair
there will be large numbers of once-a-year sailors so keep a good lookout
and make sure your vhf is handy.

Oh, and I hear there may be some good bass close onshore...

Cheerio,

--

Michael Donnellan
January 7th, 2004, 10:36 PM
Hank,

I have sent you an email, let me know if you dont get it.

"Hank Perrée" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am from Holland and plan to have my vacation on Isle of Wight end july
> first half of august. Can someone give me information about slipways on
the
> Isle (plan to take my own boat) and maybe some spots to go fishing. Like
> go fishing tope, ray, conger and bream.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Hank

Dave
January 7th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Check the following web site for launch sites on the I.O.W

http://boatlaunch.co.uk

Regards

Dave

"Derek.Moody" > wrote in message
> In article >, Hank Perrée
> > wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am from Holland and plan to have my vacation on Isle of Wight end july
> > first half of august. Can someone give me information about slipways on
the
> > Isle (plan to take my own boat) and maybe some spots to go fishing. Like
> > go fishing tope, ray, conger and bream.
>
> I dare say someone will be along to help soon (Anyone?) as they're not
> waters I fish.
>
> Warning: The waters around the IOW are very different from NL waters.
> Expect more tide, more swell and deeper water than you are used to. There
> are lots of charts and sailing guides that will help you, get them early
and
> study them. Spend a while getting your safety gear up to top standard.
>
> The water will be very busy at that time of year and if the weather is
fair
> there will be large numbers of once-a-year sailors so keep a good lookout
> and make sure your vhf is handy.
>
> Oh, and I hear there may be some good bass close onshore...
>
> Cheerio,
>
> --

SEAANGLING
January 11th, 2004, 06:22 AM
>> I am from Holland and plan to have my vacation on Isle of Wight end july>>
first half of august.>Like>to
>> go fishing tope, ray, conger and bream.

Hi Hank, I suggest that if you want tope and bream the end of May and all of
June would be the best time, they tend to move around after that. I'm not
saying you won't get them but they are harder to find from July on, cheers,
Norman.

andy barnes
March 6th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Hi Hank
I fish the Needles area to saint Caths either from Yarmouth or
freshwater bay.Yarmouth has good slipways but is a long way from the needles
5 miles.But is safe and has fuel ,also it is very busy and strong tides.My
boat is kept at Freshwater bay which has a slipway .The fishing is great
with huge bass (1 of 16lb 10 oz caught a month ago) bbut in the summer of
Brook ledge were i fish for bass conger are a pest.Just of the bay is ray
ground.My biggest 21 lb undulate.Tope plenty of them upto 25lb inshore
..Bream will be harder to find but thier is an old wreck just of the bay and
at dusk you can always get some.