PDA

View Full Version : Bitching about customer service

Bob La Londe
September 26th, 2003, 02:38 AM
I broke a telescoping rod yesterday. One I wanted to keep in my work truck
for those ten minute fishing adventures on the canal bank on my way to a job
site or on my way home.

I visited the Cabelas website and decided to try the live chat option.

I explained the problem to Brent who came on-line right away.

"No problem," he said. "Just return it via the instruction on your
invoice."

I asked if I could change it for a slightly heavier action rod. Again, "No
problem write in your comments what you want."

As a parting jest I said, "Now if I could only find the invoice."

"Just put your name and address on a letter explaining the problem and what
you want and send it back to our returns address."

Pretty decent customer service IMO.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Henry Hefner
September 26th, 2003, 04:05 AM
Thanks for posting this. Good customer service is hard to find nowadays.
I've never been to their site before, but I will now.

Bob La Londe wrote:
> I broke a telescoping rod yesterday. One I wanted to keep in my work truck
> for those ten minute fishing adventures on the canal bank on my way to a job
> site or on my way home.
>
> I visited the Cabelas website and decided to try the live chat option.
>
> I explained the problem to Brent who came on-line right away.
>
> "No problem," he said. "Just return it via the instruction on your
> invoice."
>
> I asked if I could change it for a slightly heavier action rod. Again, "No
> problem write in your comments what you want."
>
> As a parting jest I said, "Now if I could only find the invoice."
>
> "Just put your name and address on a letter explaining the problem and what
> you want and send it back to our returns address."
>
> Pretty decent customer service IMO.
>

> --
> Bob La Londe
> Yuma, Az
> http://www.YumaBassMan.com

G. M. Zimmermann
September 26th, 2003, 09:14 AM
I have always had pretty good customer service from Cabela's, though usually im
buying more hunting equipment from them than fishing stuff. But now the new
store in Hamburg is open so I'll see how good the service is dealing with them
face to face.

-Zimmy

alwaysfishking
September 26th, 2003, 06:12 PM
I can attest to the fact that the Hamburg store has great customer service.
Having made a purchase only to return it with no hassle what so ever. Neat
store too!!!!
"G. M. Zimmermann" > wrote in message
> I have always had pretty good customer service from Cabela's, though
usually im
> buying more hunting equipment from them than fishing stuff. But now the
new
> store in Hamburg is open so I'll see how good the service is dealing with
them
> face to face.
>
> -Zimmy

Gone Angling
September 28th, 2003, 07:44 PM
I returned a rod yesterday. It snapped while pulling in some weeds. I always
buy from big retailers and retain the sales slips.

Calif Bill
September 28th, 2003, 08:06 PM
"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> I returned a rod yesterday. It snapped while pulling in some weeds. I
always
> buy from big retailers and retain the sales slips.

Dang you are a bad person. I have only broken about 5 rods in the 60 years
of my life. Only one was a defective rod. Broke on first big pull on the
rod. Rest have been from stepping on them, or car door getting them. Only
the one that was defective was exchanged. Why would you think that the
store should replace something you destroyed from being stupid and careless?
You break it, you should pay for it.

AJH
September 28th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Looks like his "trolling rod" isn't broke...

I fish therefore I lie

Bob La Londe
September 30th, 2003, 12:02 AM
I asked Quantuma while back about getting some rods I had broken replaced.
I was willing to pay for it if need be. I told them point blank they were
broken from rough use in the rod locker or in the back of my truck.

They still were more than willing to replace them.

While GA is awfully silly, its awfully nice to be able to get a second
chance. On the other hand. Read my most recent product review and you will
see I am taking steps to reduce the number of rods broken from rough use.

"Calif Bill" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> > I returned a rod yesterday. It snapped while pulling in some weeds. I
> always
> > buy from big retailers and retain the sales slips.
> >

> Dang you are a bad person. I have only broken about 5 rods in the 60
years
> of my life. Only one was a defective rod. Broke on first big pull on the
> rod. Rest have been from stepping on them, or car door getting them.
Only
> the one that was defective was exchanged. Why would you think that the
> store should replace something you destroyed from being stupid and
careless?
> You break it, you should pay for it.

Gone Angling
October 1st, 2003, 12:29 AM
The retailer is out nothing. They recoup from the manufacturer. This
manufacturer will take back a rod if broken during fishing. I spoke to a rep at
a fishng show and that is what he told me. He also told me if you send it
direct they will replace it with no questions asked (ie how was it broken, do
you have a bill, when did you buy it etc...
Most consumers will take back an item if covered by a warranty. I told them the
truth that i was pulling in a clump of weeds and the %4*7333ing rod snapped. I
had to zip back and get another rod. With the refund i bought another rod of
the same brand. It is a never ending story.