PDA

View Full Version : Port Talbot long arm

Steve
January 24th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Hi
I've bought a permit for Port Talbot long arm. My question is as I've
yet to visit the mark, is it a long walk from the car as my mate who's also
think of buying a permit can't walk too far, and if so, would a wheelchair
be ok to use?

TIA
Steve

Tomo
January 24th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Hi Mate

Been a few years since I fished the mark. If you were to fish the end then
yes it's along walk. However I would advise your matenot to consider this
mark. On the outside of the arm you will struggle to find a flat rock. and
the inside you will be high up off the water and dependant on the tide state
this will not be an option either for te wheel chair.

Have a look when you go down first. If you choose to fish the outside you
have to be agile and be able to get around like a mountain goat.

hope this helps

Paul

"Steve" > wrote in message
> Hi
> I've bought a permit for Port Talbot long arm. My question is as
I've
> yet to visit the mark, is it a long walk from the car as my mate who's
also
> think of buying a permit can't walk too far, and if so, would a wheelchair
> be ok to use?
>

> TIA
> Steve

January 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
There is easy fishing for a wheelchair user on the start of the short arm,
I've had small bass, pollock, mackrell and garfish on the float and conger,
bullhuss and bigger bass on the heavey gear.
But the long arm forget it, its very hard for a able body person to fish.

wayne
January 28th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Steve
Sorry to say but this venue is not suitable for the less mobile person let
alone a wheelchair.
There will be a long walk to the end, although most fish within the first
300yds of parking the car at the barrier, there is always water there to fish.
Fishing is hard work from the rocks on the sea side, up and over the wall but
this is were most fish, as for the harbour side not realy given it a try but is
fished off a flat surface with a long drop to the water on all but the big
tides.
Be carefull when climbing down the rocks and don't get to close to the water
when there is a swell.