PDA

View Full Version : Spinnerbaits 5, Powerworms 0

Charles B. Summers
September 26th, 2003, 05:42 AM
One of the best advantages of my low paying job is that I get to personally
field test our products. But... most of y'all know that my favorite fishing
is actually with plastics. Well, since TNBass cut out on me for tonight, I
fished alone. I left the house about 7pm and actually took my time getting
in the water. There was only two other trucks with trailers in the parking
lot, so I knew I'd have all of my favorite spots to myself.
I started at my favorite bluff in the shallower area. Unfortunately, the
winds were making it hard to work a plastic worm so I decided to move to a
more sheltered area. Just a quick hop up river, there's a ramp with a single
pole light just off to one side of the courtesy ramp, which was actually
partially submerged with the high water. I tied one of our new purple
spinnerbaits and began tossing it to the bank, then slowly retreiving it
just enough to feel the thumping blade. In the short period of time that I
fished that area, I took four nice bass out of the lighted area. Finally, I
moved to the deeper water where I've taken so many night-time bass before
with the Powerworm.
I fished the whole 200' of that wall with the worm with very few bites, and
no fish. When I reached the end where the cove is that I launched from, I
picked up the spinnerbait rod and started throwing to the shallows, and
retrieving it back out to the deep. On the first cast, I had a nice fish but
lost it at the boat. Three casts later though, I caught my last fish.
All of this was within a couple of hours, and I must say it was fun! I can't
believe that I spent 18 hours on Dale Hollow, only to catch 4 fish... when I
can come here, catch at least a small handful of bass and still be home by
11pm.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com

BassMr.
September 26th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Well, since TNBass cut out on me for tonight, I
fished alone.

Catfish did you lose my phone number? I needed a Logan-Martin warm-up!

Charles B. Summers
September 26th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Going alone was actually a last minute thing... Actually, I don't think I
ever had your number. How about e-mailing it for future reference?

"BassMr." > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Well, since TNBass cut out on me for tonight, I
> fished alone.
>
> Catfish did you lose my phone number? I needed a Logan-Martin warm-up!

Jerry \NervisRek\ Barton
September 26th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Well, how did the Okuma do for you?
--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> One of the best advantages of my low paying job is that I get to
personally
> field test our products. But... most of y'all know that my favorite
fishing
> is actually with plastics. Well, since TNBass cut out on me for tonight, I
> fished alone. I left the house about 7pm and actually took my time getting
> in the water. There was only two other trucks with trailers in the parking
> lot, so I knew I'd have all of my favorite spots to myself.
> I started at my favorite bluff in the shallower area. Unfortunately, the
> winds were making it hard to work a plastic worm so I decided to move to a
> more sheltered area. Just a quick hop up river, there's a ramp with a
single
> pole light just off to one side of the courtesy ramp, which was actually
> partially submerged with the high water. I tied one of our new purple
> spinnerbaits and began tossing it to the bank, then slowly retreiving it
> just enough to feel the thumping blade. In the short period of time that I
> fished that area, I took four nice bass out of the lighted area. Finally,
> moved to the deeper water where I've taken so many night-time bass before
> with the Powerworm.
> I fished the whole 200' of that wall with the worm with very few bites,
and
> no fish. When I reached the end where the cove is that I launched from, I
> picked up the spinnerbait rod and started throwing to the shallows, and
> retrieving it back out to the deep. On the first cast, I had a nice fish
but
> lost it at the boat. Three casts later though, I caught my last fish.
> All of this was within a couple of hours, and I must say it was fun! I
can't
> believe that I spent 18 hours on Dale Hollow, only to catch 4 fish... when
> can come here, catch at least a small handful of bass and still be home by
> 11pm.
>
> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org

RGarri7470
September 26th, 2003, 03:40 PM
> I tied one of our new purple
>spinnerbaits

Years ago I read an article that reccomended purple spinnerbaits at night -
don't remember why, but I caught some fish on them back then. Sounds like they
still work!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Charles B. Summers
September 26th, 2003, 04:00 PM
From what I've been hearing from alot of people in the KY and TN area, it's
a good color. I don't know if it has anything to do with water clarity or
not, but I never tried it on Dale Hollow because it was just too dark. Last
night, on the banks without light, I had nothing. As soon as I was back
around lights... I got bit. Still, I don't know what would have happened if
I had a black spinner on near the lights, so I don't know if it was the
color that made the difference or the lighting. I was just happy to have
fish.

"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> > I tied one of our new purple
> >spinnerbaits
>
> Years ago I read an article that reccomended purple spinnerbaits at
night -
> don't remember why, but I caught some fish on them back then. Sounds like
they
> still work!
> Ronnie
>
> http://fishing.about.com

kenneth blevins
September 26th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Last year I was following a guy down a bank and about every 4th or 5th cast
he'd land a fish. I got out the spyglass and could see he was fishing a dark
spinnerbait , so in my box I went .All I had was a black on black and a blue
w/brass willow blades . Nothing ,no way ,no how.After about 45 minutes of
this I finally got close enough to talk to him and he was happy to show
me what he was using.He was using a short armed spinnerbait. it was a faded
purple with stripes and had a smallish blade about the size of a thumbnail .
I've looked all over this area and there just not any to be had .So if Mr.
Rickard and company would send me a prototype similar to what combination
I would gladly pay what ever the going rate is.
Thanks
Ken Blevins
"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
message ...
> From what I've been hearing from alot of people in the KY and TN area,
it's
> a good color. I don't know if it has anything to do with water clarity or
> not, but I never tried it on Dale Hollow because it was just too dark.
Last
> night, on the banks without light, I had nothing. As soon as I was back
> around lights... I got bit. Still, I don't know what would have happened
if
> I had a black spinner on near the lights, so I don't know if it was the
> color that made the difference or the lighting. I was just happy to have
> fish.
>

> "RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> > > I tied one of our new purple
> > >spinnerbaits
> >
> > Years ago I read an article that reccomended purple spinnerbaits at
> night -
> > don't remember why, but I caught some fish on them back then. Sounds
like
> they
> > still work!
> > Ronnie
> >
> > http://fishing.about.com

Charles B. Summers
September 27th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Loved it Jerry! Thanks again!

--
"Jerry "NervisRek" Barton" > wrote in message
> Well, how did the Okuma do for you?
> --
> Jerry Barton
> www.jerrys-world.com
>
> "Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote
in
> message ...
> > One of the best advantages of my low paying job is that I get to
> personally
> > field test our products. But... most of y'all know that my favorite
> fishing
> > is actually with plastics. Well, since TNBass cut out on me for tonight,
> > fished alone. I left the house about 7pm and actually took my time
getting
> > in the water. There was only two other trucks with trailers in the
parking
> > lot, so I knew I'd have all of my favorite spots to myself.
> > I started at my favorite bluff in the shallower area. Unfortunately, the
> > winds were making it hard to work a plastic worm so I decided to move to
> > more sheltered area. Just a quick hop up river, there's a ramp with a
> single
> > pole light just off to one side of the courtesy ramp, which was actually
> > partially submerged with the high water. I tied one of our new purple
> > spinnerbaits and began tossing it to the bank, then slowly retreiving it
> > just enough to feel the thumping blade. In the short period of time that
> > fished that area, I took four nice bass out of the lighted area.
Finally,
> > moved to the deeper water where I've taken so many night-time bass
before
> > with the Powerworm.
> > I fished the whole 200' of that wall with the worm with very few bites,
> and
> > no fish. When I reached the end where the cove is that I launched from,
> > picked up the spinnerbait rod and started throwing to the shallows, and
> > retrieving it back out to the deep. On the first cast, I had a nice fish
> but
> > lost it at the boat. Three casts later though, I caught my last fish.
> > All of this was within a couple of hours, and I must say it was fun! I
> can't
> > believe that I spent 18 hours on Dale Hollow, only to catch 4 fish...
when
> > can come here, catch at least a small handful of bass and still be home
by
> > 11pm.
> >
> > --
> > Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> > www.secretweaponlures.com
> > www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> > www.midtennclassic.org

Bob Rickard
September 27th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Ken, you may want to try our new Moonlight Special in 3/8 oz. size
(#038-sb-405). It has a black head and a purple with blue flake skirt that
should do the job for you. It comes with a #7 black Indiana blade attachment
installed, and a #5 gold Colorado included as an alternate. Just use one of
the small Colorado blade attachments that you already have on hand with it.
If those blades are smaller than what you are looking for, include a #3
Colorado attachment in your choice of finish on the order. Using the current
heads, it remains at $6.99 while they last. See the website for shipping.

Thanks,
--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"kenneth blevins" > wrote in message
t...
> Last year I was following a guy down a bank and about every 4th or 5th
cast
> he'd land a fish. I got out the spyglass and could see he was fishing a
dark
> spinnerbait , so in my box I went .All I had was a black on black and a
blue
> w/brass willow blades . Nothing ,no way ,no how.After about 45 minutes of
> this I finally got close enough to talk to him and he was happy to show
> me what he was using.He was using a short armed spinnerbait. it was a
faded
> purple with stripes and had a smallish blade about the size of a thumbnail
..
> I've looked all over this area and there just not any to be had .So if Mr.
> Rickard and company would send me a prototype similar to what combination
> I would gladly pay what ever the going rate is.
> Thanks
> Ken Blevins
> "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> message ...
> > From what I've been hearing from alot of people in the KY and TN area,
> it's
> > a good color. I don't know if it has anything to do with water clarity
or
> > not, but I never tried it on Dale Hollow because it was just too dark.
> Last
> > night, on the banks without light, I had nothing. As soon as I was back
> > around lights... I got bit. Still, I don't know what would have happened
> if
> > I had a black spinner on near the lights, so I don't know if it was the
> > color that made the difference or the lighting. I was just happy to have
> > fish.

> > > Years ago I read an article that reccomended purple spinnerbaits at
> > night -
> > > don't remember why, but I caught some fish on them back then. Sounds
> like
> > they
> > > still work!
> > > Ronnie
> > >
> > > http://fishing.about.com

Shawn
September 27th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Sounds familiar....yep. Got a couple of those right here. Geez, that must
have been about three years ago? A tear drop head and a closed loop frame.
My, how time flies.

The flakes look to be a shade of green on these skirts, but it could be the
lighting, or my tiring eyes, or both. Why haven't I thrown these more often?
Maybe we'll see what we can raise on the Rock River this Sunday.

--
Early to Bed, Early to Rise,
Fish all Day, Make up Lies.

Shawn

"Bob Rickard" > wrote in message
igy.com...
> [...]
> > Ken Blevins
> > "Charles B. Summers" (Comcast)> wrote in
> > message ...
> > > From what I've been hearing from alot of people in the KY and TN area,
> > it's
> > > a good color. I don't know if it has anything to do with water clarity
> or
> > > not, but I never tried it on Dale Hollow because it was just too dark.
> > Last
> > > night, on the banks without light, I had nothing. As soon as I was
back
> > > around lights... I got bit. Still, I don't know what would have
happened
> > if
> > > I had a black spinner on near the lights, so I don't know if it was
the
> > > color that made the difference or the lighting. I was just happy to

Charles B. Summers
September 27th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Geeze... you've got an old one there! Might want to hang onto that one for
collectors purposes!

--
"Shawn" > wrote in message
> [...]
> > dark
> > > spinnerbait , so in my box I went .All I had was a black on black and
> > blue
> > > w/brass willow blades . Nothing ,no way ,no how.After about 45 minutes
> of
> > > this I finally got close enough to talk to him and he was happy to
> show
> > > me what he was using.He was using a short armed spinnerbait. it was a
> > faded
> > > purple with stripes and had a smallish blade about the size of a
> thumbnail
> > .
> > > I've looked all over this area and there just not any to be had .So if
> Mr.
> > > Rickard and company would send me a prototype similar to what
> combination
> > > I would gladly pay what ever the going rate is.

BassMr.
September 29th, 2003, 04:35 PM
A lot of the guys in E. TN. use a purple skirt w/red strands and also put a
rattle on the arm.

Charles B. Summers
September 29th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Oh yeah... and it is little green specks, not blue.
Bossman... you haven't seen these in awhile, want me to send you one?