PDA

View Full Version : Norway at end of May

Gerald Marsh
February 10th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Dear all,

Some friends and I are seriously considering splashing out on a Norway
trip at the end of May to sample some serious fishing. I have seen
some threads in the past on this but nothing around May.

Any info on places - especially North or South Norway, species,
recommended tackle etc would be useful. Also, any comments on
fly-drive packages versus DIY (for example drive to Newcastle and then
on ferry) would be gratefully received. (As we live on the South of
England it would be a hell of a trek with four in a 4x4!)

Any personal recommendations regarding skippers etc would also be
wecomed.

As Feb is usually the quietest time of year and I personally haven't
fared too well on my last sessions at Highcliffe and Barton Beach,
somewhere where there are still lots of fish is particularly
attractive at the moment. There again, it may just be me!

(Thanks to all who regularly post to this Newsgroup. I and other
occasional anglers enjoy the banter.)

Bye for now,

Gerald.
Gerald Marsh

gerald -at_Sign- cyfer -dot- demon -dot- co -dot- uk
(And I really get miffed having to do that!)

The Big Man
February 11th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Gerald

Check out http://www.svinoya.no/event.htm and
http://195.204.146.87/fish-hol.htm for the northern stuff. You would need to
fly to here unless you have plenty of time to drive up and down all hairpin
bends.

It's also worth while contacting the guys at Stavanger Deep Sea Fishing
Club, http://www.sdsfc.no/ although the site is in Norwegian if you go to
the Kontakt page and send an email to Roar Sandvol I'm sure he will help you
out.

David