PDA

View Full Version : bristol channel

Alan Willavise
February 12th, 2004, 04:18 PM
Can anyone explain the mysterious lack of fish off our coast at
present!Fished on a boat a few weeks ago and just the odd codling and small
whiting off penarth,Also fished on shore at ogmore deeps,st brides,the knap
all without much success.Used good ragworm, squid bait"s but there seems to
be a major lack of fish everywhere.Never known it to be so quiet,remember
all the whiting we used to bag every trip.Surely their not getting scarce
like the cod.I wonder if we"vre had another chemical spill from the
industrial companys along our coastline?

February 12th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Fished Aberthaw yesterday from a boat.
2 cod
A few skate
Lots of conger
Some nice sized whitting
A 8lb bass
between the 8 of us
Not bad for this time of the year.
Penarth is a poor mark to fish this time off the year boat or shore.