PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report - crookncrookpostcardgif.gif (0/1)

Tackletogo.com
February 26th, 2004, 08:22 PM
February, the shortest month of the year , was long on fishing action.
Sailfishing was excellent, kingfish were plentiful, many wahoo were
caught and bottom fishing was red hot. This appears to be a memorable
winter on the South Florida fishing scene.

The Miami International boat Show took place in the middle of the
month and as usual was a great success . Boaters, yachtsmen and
anglers gathered from around the world to see all the new and
innovative marine items and to salivate over all of the 2004 models of
the sport fishing machines.

Captain Alex Castillanos [a hard name to spell, I wish he would change
it to Sands] caught and released fourteen sailfish from Ray Rosher’s
charter boat "Miss Britt" out of Monty’s Marina in Coconut Grove.
Young Captain Alex ran the boat with mate Jim Mulcahey in the cockpit
while anglers Bill Dimich ‘a Pepsi dealer from Billings. Montana, Tim
Wilson a private eye from Houston, Texas [who worked for the glamorous
Ivana Trump] and executive Juan Del Gado also of Houston captured the
billfish.
Crook and Crook’s electronic expert Julio Benitez is proud of
his daughter Alexis who recently caught three peacock bass while
fishing with her dad in the Kendall area. The Miami Heights Elementary
students largest fish went over five pounds. Julio is well known on
the Miami and Caribbean tournament circuits.

Steve Hildreth and Christian Iooss fished with Captain Nick Palelogos
on his family’s Merritt boat "Celia P." and the group released 4
sailfish caught 1 african pompano , two mutton snappers and a thirty
five pound black grouper.. Christians father is the world renowned
sport photographer Walter Iooss who recently did the layout for Sports
Illustrated.’s swimsuit issue [tough work but somebody had to do it].
The next day Nick and his pal Justin of "Maverick" fame went out and
captured 9 african pompano and 4 amberjacks. Then to put icing on the
cake Nick and brother Coco went night fishing and caught their friend
Famous Seamus Lamb a one hundred and fifty pound swordfish.

Busman’s holiday :- Captain Robert Ryder and his lovely wife and mate
[fishing ] Rachel left their charter boat " Rachel K" back in Cape Cod
and went fishing with Captain Mike Puller on his "Lisa L." and had a
field day. In two and a half days Captain Mike guided them to 27 out
of 36 sailfish. In nine days the Puller vessel caught and released a
total of 50 sailfish.

Master showman Tony Albello is moving his Grove Slam Tournament from
Coconut Grove to Bayside marina in the City of Miami. Tony was so
enthused by the reception his Mayor’s Cup event received at the
downtown marina that he made the change of venue. His reasons better
parking facilities, more boat slips and an international cosmopolitan
ambiance.

Crook and Crook’s international fishing expert and master rigger Elias
Rodriguez journeyed down to Brazil for the Cabo Frio Marlin
Tournament. He reports the following great catches. The first place
fish weighed 858 pounds , second place was an 848 pound beast and the
third place marlin tipped the scales at 770 pounds. Senor Rodriguez
fished aboard the "Alhambra" which hooked a giant fish he and the crew
fought for three hours before it pulled the hook and sambaed off.

Father and son team of Terry and Trey Claus took Eric Brando of Magic
102.7 [golden oldies] fishing on their "Qualifier" and caught the
radio man a sailfish. Dad ran the boat and track star Trey was the
mate.

Crook and Crook’s Albert Luis introduced I.B.M. engineer Michael Horne
to snook fishing in the back country. The duo spent the day sight
fishing for snook in "skinny water " and caught and released 14 snook
on artificials and caught two keepers on bait. It was Horne’s first
snook and he is now hooked on the sport.
Captain Bart Sherwood fished two good ol’ Georgia boys from
his Merritt boat " Fighting Lady" on a nocturnal charter.. Dr. Lloyd
Newberry caught a swordfish which completed his billfsih grand slam
while Attorney Lloyd Murray looked on. The men from the Peachtree
state chartered Bart when he was recommended by Captain Peter B.
Wright.. Newberry is a big game hunter who has a game preserve in
Africa.

Tony Wickham
February 27th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Somewhat different to sitting on a dark,cold beach in the UK, with just a
Tilley Lamp for company, hauling in nothing but weed and 3 ounce rockling
then?

Bitter and jealous? Moi?

Tony Wickham

"Tackletogo.com" > wrote in message
> [...]
> radio man a sailfish. Dad ran the boat and track star Trey was the
> mate.
>
> Crook and Crook's Albert Luis introduced I.B.M. engineer Michael Horne
> to snook fishing in the back country. The duo spent the day sight
> fishing for snook in "skinny water " and caught and released 14 snook
> on artificials and caught two keepers on bait. It was Horne's first
> snook and he is now hooked on the sport.
> Captain Bart Sherwood fished two good ol' Georgia boys from
> his Merritt boat " Fighting Lady" on a nocturnal charter.. Dr. Lloyd
> Newberry caught a swordfish which completed his billfsih grand slam
> while Attorney Lloyd Murray looked on. The men from the Peachtree
> state chartered Bart when he was recommended by Captain Peter B.
> Wright.. Newberry is a big game hunter who has a game preserve in

SEAANGLING
February 27th, 2004, 05:58 PM
>Somewhat different to sitting on a dark,cold beach in the UK,

Try reading my report on Costa Rica in the March edition of the Sea Angling
News, or online at, www.seaanglingnews.co.uk
it's enough to make you feel warm, cheers, Norman.