PDA

View Full Version : Exemouth/Plymouth

PhilG
February 28th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Considering a trip down to that part of the world soon(ish). Mainly to
MountBatten Breakwater (Plymouth) and to Exemouth, the area behind the
cafe/Newsagents/ and wet fish shop!

Yep, you know what's coming, what is it fishing like at the mo?? I am aware
that it is normally not all that brilliant at this time of year but you
never know!??!

Tim Hampson
February 29th, 2004, 07:46 AM
Exmouth still fairly crappy....try Budleigh Salterton just up the road.
cheers

Tim in Exeter

"PhilG" > wrote in message
.. .
> Considering a trip down to that part of the world soon(ish). Mainly to
> MountBatten Breakwater (Plymouth) and to Exemouth, the area behind the
> cafe/Newsagents/ and wet fish shop!
>
> Yep, you know what's coming, what is it fishing like at the mo?? I am
aware
> that it is normally not all that brilliant at this time of year but you
> never know!??!

PhilG
February 29th, 2004, 12:49 PM
> Exmouth still fairly crappy....try Budleigh Salterton just up the road.
> cheers

What is being cuaght up there at the moment?? Not being caught on the South
Wales coast!

> Tim in Exeter
>

> > Considering a trip down to that part of the world soon(ish). Mainly to
> > MountBatten Breakwater (Plymouth) and to Exemouth, the area behind the
> > cafe/Newsagents/ and wet fish shop!
> >
> > Yep, you know what's coming, what is it fishing like at the mo?? I am
> aware
> > that it is normally not all that brilliant at this time of year but you
> > never know!??!

Richard Cuffley
February 29th, 2004, 01:15 PM
budleigh is far more reliable to catch decent sized fish, well, pan sized,
the dock area
of exmouth has a large population of small pollock and pouting but there are
some big wrasse
around and some excellent mullet, if your lucky enough to catch one,

Rich in exmouth

"PhilG" > wrote in message
.. .
> > Exmouth still fairly crappy....try Budleigh Salterton just up the road.
> > cheers
>
> What is being cuaght up there at the moment?? Not being caught on the
South
> Wales coast!
>

> > Tim in Exeter
> >

> > > Considering a trip down to that part of the world soon(ish). Mainly to
> > > MountBatten Breakwater (Plymouth) and to Exemouth, the area behind the
> > > cafe/Newsagents/ and wet fish shop!
> > >
> > > Yep, you know what's coming, what is it fishing like at the mo?? I am
> > aware
> > > that it is normally not all that brilliant at this time of year but
you
> > > never know!??!

Mark Horne
February 29th, 2004, 08:48 PM
If you do want to fish Exmouth, try the beach opposite the No 10 buoy. I
fished it a couple of weeks ago and had a few school bass. There's always a
chance of an early bass or a late flattie. best baits are crab and lug

As already mentioned, B. Salterton is usually more productive, if you can
get through the small pout.

Regards

Mark (Exmouth)