PDA

View Full Version : Re: Which Waders?

DG
September 21st, 2003, 11:09 AM
Trevor,

Thanks for the reply. It is great to hear from some else from NI. I would
love to compare notes, but as a complete beginner I think I will get more
out of this than you!

I am from Ballynahinch and do most of my fishing in Ballykeel Lougherene (a
ministry water near home). I very rarely catch anything (although I got a
nice Pike yesterday morning !!) but it's handy and at the minute I'm trying
to get some practice at casting etc.

Can you recommend any good local waters to fish?

Many thanks, David

"Trevor Greene" > wrote in message
> Hi David G - Trevor from Belfast here.... you are the first NI guy I have
> seen here for some time. Make youself known to me and see if we can
compare
> notes!
>
> Waders are all trouble thigh waders never long enough when you want
> them -same for waist and chest waders too long hot etc when you want short
> ones. Chesties are the most versatile really I guess.
> Cheers
>
> Trevor

dMac
September 23rd, 2003, 04:40 PM
Hi. I'm also from Northern Ireland, Fermanagh to be exact. Fishing has
been quiet for the last few weeks but the recent fresh on the Colebrook
river has allowed some terrific Brownies to be caught. Mostly caught on
lures, tobies etc. One guy had 4 the other day all over 3lb weight. He
advised me of one he missed that he estimated to be around 10lb. This guy
has caught them up to 12.5 lb weight so I dont doubt him.

These fish are Lough Erne Brown Trout moving up the river to breed. I cant
wait to get back out to the river as its just turning nice.

Tight Lines, dMac.

"DG" > wrote in message
> Trevor,
>
> Thanks for the reply. It is great to hear from some else from NI. I would
> love to compare notes, but as a complete beginner I think I will get more
> out of this than you!
>
> I am from Ballynahinch and do most of my fishing in Ballykeel Lougherene
(a
> ministry water near home). I very rarely catch anything (although I got a
> nice Pike yesterday morning !!) but it's handy and at the minute I'm
trying
> to get some practice at casting etc.
>
> Can you recommend any good local waters to fish?
>
> Many thanks, David
>

> "Trevor Greene" > wrote in message
> > Hi David G - Trevor from Belfast here.... you are the first NI guy I
have
> > seen here for some time. Make youself known to me and see if we can
> compare
> > notes!
> >
> > Waders are all trouble thigh waders never long enough when you want
> > them -same for waist and chest waders too long hot etc when you want
short
> > ones. Chesties are the most versatile really I guess.
> > Cheers
> >
> > Trevor

DG
September 23rd, 2003, 09:28 PM
Sounds like good fishing. I'd love to get up to Fermanagh to do some
fishing. I stayed at Castlearchdale for a week in August with my wife and
kids but I didn't have any tackle with me! It's a beautiful place and I
envied all those anglers I watched heading out on the boats every night. I
plan to get up there more next season. Any good spots on the main lough that
you would recommend? I haven't done any river fishing yet so am a bit unsure
about methods, takle etc.

Regards, David

"dMac" > wrote in message
> Hi. I'm also from Northern Ireland, Fermanagh to be exact. Fishing has
> been quiet for the last few weeks but the recent fresh on the Colebrook
> river has allowed some terrific Brownies to be caught. Mostly caught on
> lures, tobies etc. One guy had 4 the other day all over 3lb weight. He
> advised me of one he missed that he estimated to be around 10lb. This guy
> has caught them up to 12.5 lb weight so I dont doubt him.
>
> These fish are Lough Erne Brown Trout moving up the river to breed. I
cant
> wait to get back out to the river as its just turning nice.
>
> Tight Lines, dMac.
>

> "DG" > wrote in message
> > Trevor,
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. It is great to hear from some else from NI. I
would
> > love to compare notes, but as a complete beginner I think I will get
more
> > out of this than you!
> >
> > I am from Ballynahinch and do most of my fishing in Ballykeel Lougherene
> (a
> > ministry water near home). I very rarely catch anything (although I got
> > nice Pike yesterday morning !!) but it's handy and at the minute I'm
> trying
> > to get some practice at casting etc.
> >
> > Can you recommend any good local waters to fish?
> >
> > Many thanks, David
> >

> > "Trevor Greene" > wrote in message
> > > Hi David G - Trevor from Belfast here.... you are the first NI guy I
> have
> > > seen here for some time. Make youself known to me and see if we can
> > compare
> > > notes!
> > >
> > > Waders are all trouble thigh waders never long enough when you want
> > > them -same for waist and chest waders too long hot etc when you want
> short
> > > ones. Chesties are the most versatile really I guess.
> > > Cheers
> > >
> > > Trevor

Sandy
September 23rd, 2003, 10:09 PM
DG wrote:
> Sounds like good fishing. I'd love to get up to Fermanagh to do some
> fishing. I stayed at Castlearchdale for a week in August with my wife
> and kids but I didn't have any tackle with me! It's a beautiful place
> and I envied all those anglers I watched heading out on the boats
> every night. I plan to get up there more next season. Any good spots
> on the main lough that you would recommend? I haven't done any river
> fishing yet so am a bit unsure about methods, takle etc.
>
> Regards, David

Same tackle, same methods, maybe use slightly smaller flies. Remember to put
some of the breeders back or there won't be anything left to catch.

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--