PDA

View Full Version : Re: New Website

Derek.Moody
September 24th, 2003, 01:03 AM
In article >, Nick
> wrote:
> - And on Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:59:13 +0100, it was spake thus <V7Z5b.172$u_3.101478@news
> fep1-win.server.ntli.net> said in message "lazzal" >:
>
> > You can use their moulds to make your own lead weights at home and save a
> > fortune on shop prices.
>
> I do hope that no-one uses Lead weights, the damage they do to wildlife is
> untold ! I shall admit that I don't know of a suitable alternative !

In the sizes this spammer advocates there's no problem - but I shsn't be
buying from him.

> I very much doubt that anyone in a Game fishing group is likely to use them
> either, though I can be reeducated !

Plenty of uses for weights when game fishing, if they are over an ounce then
lead is legal. TBH that is a bit large and would only be common when
uptrace of a spring devon (or maybe worming) on a big river.

Cheerio,