PDA

View Full Version : Just a little invite to Rainbow Fishing

J. Ziggy Ziegler
October 5th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Kootenay Lake in British Columbia Canada has the giant strain of Gerrard
Rainbow Trout. The lake does not freeze over in the winter and winter is
when the best rainbow fishing happens. You can fish one day, and ski the
next....a great way for fishing widows to enjoy the Canadian Rockies.

Over the last week several rainbow in the 10 to 20 lb class have come in.
If you want to see some photos try http://www.woodburyresort.com/creaks.html

Ziggy

Nick
October 5th, 2003, 09:11 PM
- And on Sun, 5 Oct 2003 10:24:36 -0700, it was spake thus > said in message "J. Ziggy Ziegler" >:

> Kootenay Lake in British Columbia Canada has the giant strain of Gerrard
> Rainbow Trout. The lake does not freeze over in the winter and winter is
> when the best rainbow fishing happens. You can fish one day, and ski the
> next....a great way for fishing widows to enjoy the Canadian Rockies.
>
> Over the last week several rainbow in the 10 to 20 lb class have come in.
> If you want to see some photos try http://www.woodburyresort.com/creaks.html
>
> Ziggy

There's also Kootenay Salmon, - quite small & very red - in the reservoir, I
remember my cousin telling me when we were over there in '92 that they had to
recreate the spawning basin in the one river where they spawned or it would
have become extinct...
Strangely formatted I know but this is what I'm talking about...
http://royal.okanagan.bc.ca/kokanee/articles/950218a.htm
makes interesting reading I think
and so does http://erickson.uniserve.com/kokanne_project.htm

Nick