PDA

View Full Version : Quiet

Norman Greenwood
December 21st, 2003, 05:03 PM

December 21st, 2003, 07:35 PM

December 21st, 2003, 09:07 PM
> In article >, Norman Greenwood
> > writes
> >It's very quiet on this NG.
> >Have the cormorants got all the fish?
> Sssssh you'll wake up the fly fishers.
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

Zzzzz.......Zzzzz......Zzzzzz..... ...<dream mode on> ..... Stunning Spring
day.... Grannom hatching ... casting to 7 pound rising Brownie ...
gloop..... YES!!.... <dream mode off> ... huh?...What?....Oh sod it!
........Zzzzzz.....Zzzzz

Andy Lawson in hibernation

colona
December 22nd, 2003, 05:41 AM
I'm quietly planning the capture of a Christmas Day rainbow! Not so sure
about the weather though....east coast flood warning by auto-phone at 0215
this morning................!

Richard Bailey

Aquazur-Dra
December 22nd, 2003, 12:33 PM
Yes - I have been hibernating -!!

Was planning on Grayling Fly fish session or Welsh Dee?

But I think It will be too dammed cold to go fishing over Xmas?

Will Have to get the Fly tying vice out of the Mothballs

DAVE ARMES

W. D. Grey > wrote in message
> In article >, Norman Greenwood
> > writes
> >It's very quiet on this NG.
> >Have the cormorants got all the fish?
> Sssssh you'll wake up the fly fishers.
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

Dave Lane
December 22nd, 2003, 03:22 PM
In message >
"Aquazur-Dra" > wrote:

> Yes - I have been hibernating -!!
>
> Was planning on Grayling Fly fish session or Welsh Dee?

hmmm, might be having a go at that myself sometime in January -
went up to Llangollen a couple of years ago, caught my first
grayling on a gorgeous sunny/misty January afternoon.
Rob Ellis (Canadian) was with me - you just should have seen his
face as three pheasants ran across the road in front of us..(apparently
they don't have them over there) "walking hackles" he called them...

> Will Have to get the Fly tying vice out of the Mothballs

bit keen, aren't you? they only go for the dressings...

my xmas message to the group is NOT for the easily offended, anyone else
can go look at:
http://www2.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/

cheers all!

Dave

--
Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd

.... Does history record any case where a majority was right?

Ed
December 22nd, 2003, 07:43 PM
Fabulous Xmas message, looks like one of the 'fishermenn' who litter the
shores oh Loch Earn every weekend .
I loved it!

Eddie
"Dave Lane" > wrote in message
> In message >
> "Aquazur-Dra" > wrote:
>
> > Yes - I have been hibernating -!!
> >
> > Was planning on Grayling Fly fish session or Welsh Dee?
> >

> hmmm, might be having a go at that myself sometime in January -
> went up to Llangollen a couple of years ago, caught my first
> grayling on a gorgeous sunny/misty January afternoon.
> Rob Ellis (Canadian) was with me - you just should have seen his
> face as three pheasants ran across the road in front of us..(apparently
> they don't have them over there) "walking hackles" he called them...
>
> > Will Have to get the Fly tying vice out of the Mothballs
>
> bit keen, aren't you? they only go for the dressings...
>

> my xmas message to the group is NOT for the easily offended, anyone else
> can go look at:
> http://www2.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/
>
> cheers all!
>
> Dave
>

> > W. D. Grey > wrote in message
> > > In article >, Norman Greenwood
> > > Sssssh you'll wake up the fly fishers.
> > > --
> > > Bill Grey
> > > http://www.billboy.co.uk
> >

> --
> Literacy Support Software from:
> Xavier Educational Software Ltd
> School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
> http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/
>
> ... Does history record any case where a majority was right?

Mark Elliott
December 22nd, 2003, 08:38 PM
Sorry, is something happening here? I've seen a couple of posts. I though
the group had signed off for the winter!

Merry wotsit all round!

Mark

"Ed" > wrote in message
> Fabulous Xmas message, looks like one of the 'fishermenn' who litter the
> shores oh Loch Earn every weekend .
> I loved it!
>
> Eddie
> "Dave Lane" > wrote in message
> > In message >
> > "Aquazur-Dra" > wrote:
> >
> > > Yes - I have been hibernating -!!
> > >
> > > Was planning on Grayling Fly fish session or Welsh Dee?
> > >

> > hmmm, might be having a go at that myself sometime in January -
> > went up to Llangollen a couple of years ago, caught my first
> > grayling on a gorgeous sunny/misty January afternoon.
> > Rob Ellis (Canadian) was with me - you just should have seen his
> > face as three pheasants ran across the road in front of
us..(apparently
> > they don't have them over there) "walking hackles" he called them...
> >
> > > Will Have to get the Fly tying vice out of the Mothballs
> >
> > bit keen, aren't you? they only go for the dressings...
> >

> > my xmas message to the group is NOT for the easily offended, anyone
else
> > can go look at:
> > http://www2.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/
> >
> > cheers all!
> >
> > Dave

> > --
> > Literacy Support Software from:
> > Xavier Educational Software Ltd
> > School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
> > http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/
> >
> > ... Does history record any case where a majority was right?

roddytoo
December 23rd, 2003, 07:43 AM
Unfortunately not working.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

> my xmas message to the group is NOT for the easily offended, anyone else
> can go look at:
> http://www2.b3ta.com/merrychristmas/
>
> cheers all!
>
> Dave
>

> > W. D. Grey > wrote in message
> > > In article >, Norman Greenwood
> > > Sssssh you'll wake up the fly fishers.
> > > --
> > > Bill Grey
> > > http://www.billboy.co.uk
> >

> --
> Literacy Support Software from:
> Xavier Educational Software Ltd
> School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
> http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/
>
> ... Does history record any case where a majority was right?

roddytoo
December 23rd, 2003, 07:45 AM
F-f-f-f-f-fairly cold, no fishing for me until it warms up. The local trout hole is open, every day except Christmas day, so may try if it warms up 'considerable'.
Season's greetings to all.
Chris

"Norman Greenwood" > wrote in message ...
It's very quiet on this NG.
Have the cormorants got all the fish?

--
A Yorkshire Lad

Remove spam filter to reply

colona
December 25th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Well............got one on Christmas Eve at any rate. Black leaded hare's
ear did the business.

Richard

"> I'm quietly planning the capture of a Christmas Day rainbow!

W. D. Grey
December 25th, 2003, 06:11 PM
In article >, Dave Lane
> writes
>
> , caught my first
> grayling on a gorgeous sunny/misty

And what may I ask is the pattern for that fly?????
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

W. D. Grey
December 25th, 2003, 06:13 PM
In article >, roddytoo
> writes
>The local trout hole is open, every day except Christmas day,

So you have an ASDA 's near you too !

--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Dave Lane
December 29th, 2003, 11:15 AM
In message >
"W. D. Grey" > wrote:

> In article >, Dave Lane
> > writes
> >
> > , caught my first
> > grayling on a gorgeous sunny/misty
>
> And what may I ask is the pattern for that fly?????

Hi Bill,

'twas a goldhead hare's ear, with some sparkly bits for a
tail, and a red blob just behind the bead...hth,

happy new year all,

cheers

Literacy Support Software from:
Xavier Educational Software Ltd
School of Psychology, University of Wales Bangor
http://xavier.bangor.ac.uk/

.... Make me an offer. I have a computer to support!!

W. D. Grey
December 29th, 2003, 06:55 PM
In article >, Dave Lane
> writes
>Hi Bill,
>
> 'twas a goldhead hare's ear, with some sparkly bits for a
> tail, and a red blob just behind the bead...hth,
>
> happy new year all,
>
> cheers
>
> Dave

Ah that makes sense - so that is why you called it a "sunny/misty" :-)

A happy New Year to you and Mrs L and the little 'un.

oh yes and everyone else in URFG>
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Alec Powell
December 30th, 2003, 09:00 PM
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
>with some sparkly bits for a
> tail, and a red blob just behind the bead
Sounds like something from Lord Of The Rings, Dave, or is it something
to do with the water up in them thar hills :-)
Had a last trip out with Andy Lawson at Farmoor today.
Cold? Never, 'twas like a spring day.<g>
Needless to say us hard southern types only lasted 2 1/2 hours, one
knock for Andy, nothing at all for me, but, Boy! did we sort the world
to rights!
(A lot of the conversation revolved around "How many different ways are
there to kill cormorants"? ) and when are we going to Brenig this year.
Start thinking about it you lot!
All the best for the New Year and beyond,
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

http://www.prole.demon.co.uk