PDA

View Full Version : FS/Swap Cane rods for beginners fly gear

Dave
January 10th, 2004, 10:10 PM
I was given a mass of second hand fishing gear for Christmas. Most id for
coarse fishing whereas I am heading in the fly fishing direction. With the
gear are two old split cane rods. An Allcocks Sapper 3 piece and an Allcocks
Harry Pughes 2 piece. I don't think as a complete beginner I can justify
using and maybe breaking one of these beautiful rods as I learn but I think
they deserve to be used.

So if anyone would like to make me an offer to buy them or to swap them for
suitable kits for a beginner then great!

Dave

roddytoo
January 11th, 2004, 12:12 AM
"Dave" > wrote in message
> I was given a mass of second hand fishing gear for Christmas. Most id for
> coarse fishing whereas I am heading in the fly fishing direction. With the
> gear are two old split cane rods. An Allcocks Sapper 3 piece and an
Allcocks
> Harry Pughes 2 piece. I don't think as a complete beginner I can justify
> using and maybe breaking one of these beautiful rods as I learn but I
think
> they deserve to be used.
>
> So if anyone would like to make me an offer to buy them or to swap them
for
> suitable kits for a beginner then great!
>
> Dave

Both of these, the Sapper and the Hughes Parry, were last made in the late
sixties. They may be quite valuable to a collector, but very few people
would actually use them for fishing, carbon fibre has taken over. I would
try selling them on Ebay, be prepared to sell them on American Ebay, too.
Take a look at what is available and decide, selling is cheap on Ebay, I
have used the sites a lot for buying and selling.
www.ebay.co.uk
www.ebay.com