PDA

View Full Version : RALEIGH, NC FISHING AREA

SHAWTY
September 30th, 2003, 12:26 AM
WHERE ARE SOME GOOD FISHING AREAS IN RALEIGH, NC OR THE SURROUNDING AREAS...

SimRacer
October 1st, 2003, 11:23 PM
"SHAWTY" > wrote in message
om...
> WHERE ARE SOME GOOD FISHING AREAS IN RALEIGH, NC OR THE SURROUNDING
AREAS...

There are plenty.
North Raleigh - Falls (of the Neuse) Lake.
South Wake County - Jordan Lake (off Hwy 64) and Harris Lake (south of Holly
Springs with 2 ramps, main one is off Hwy 42)
NC/VA border - Kerr Lake
Roxboro area - Hyco Lake

These don't include the small ponds and such. Harris is probably the smaller
of all the lakes I mentioned, it is a 4500acre cooling lake for Progress
Energy's Shearon Harris nuclear plant. Decent fish in there, beware of the
no possesion slot if you don't catch and release. I caught a 10+ pounder out
of there this past March. Falls or Jordan will likely produce the next NC
State largemouth record which (IIRC) is currently 14 lbs 15 ozs. The Jordan
Lake record alone is just shy of that in the mid 14 lb range.

Oh, and typing in all caps is akin to screaming online.