PDA

View Full Version : FF in Wales?

riverman
March 28th, 2004, 12:37 PM
I'm thinking of renting a car in Bristol and spending a week in mid-June
fishing in Wales. Can anyone suggest a good lodge, B&B or guesthouse that is
near some good flyfishing waters? I don't want to haul my tent and camping
gear, but also don't want to spend over a few hundred pounds (if possible).

--riverman

Sandy
March 28th, 2004, 02:27 PM
riverman wrote:
> I'm thinking of renting a car in Bristol and spending a week in
> mid-June fishing in Wales. Can anyone suggest a good lodge, B&B or
> guesthouse that is near some good flyfishing waters? I don't want to
> haul my tent and camping gear, but also don't want to spend over a
> few hundred pounds (if possible).
>
> --riverman

Hi Myron,

Changed your plans again :)

Stirling would have given you access to infinately more fishing waters
than Wales :)
(ducks and dons flameproof suit)

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:- http://www.ftscotland.co.uk

riverman
March 28th, 2004, 03:16 PM
"Sandy" > wrote in message
> riverman wrote:
> > I'm thinking of renting a car in Bristol and spending a week in
> > mid-June fishing in Wales. Can anyone suggest a good lodge, B&B or
> > guesthouse that is near some good flyfishing waters? I don't want to
> > haul my tent and camping gear, but also don't want to spend over a
> > few hundred pounds (if possible).
> >
> > --riverman
>
> Hi Myron,
>
> Changed your plans again :)
>
> Stirling would have given you access to infinately more fishing waters
> than Wales :)
> (ducks and dons flameproof suit)
>
> --
> Don`t Worry, Be Happy
>
> Sandy

Hey Sandy: plans haven't changed, or even been made, officially yet, but as
details get filled in, I'm looking at possibilities. I have plane tickets
into Bristol on Tuesday and need to be back in Plymouth on Sunday, so
Stirling seemed a bit too far north for me to get to and still have time to
spend. I also haven't been in touch with my friends there for a place to
stay for the week, so I was thinking about getting a B&B in Wales and just
hanging out for a few days. I read that there are some nice locales in Wales
(which I cannot pronounce, and cannot spell without a lot of c's and n's and
th's). Do you still recommend coming north for those 5 days? I suppose I
could take a train up.

--riverman

Sandy
March 28th, 2004, 03:48 PM
riverman wrote:
> "Sandy" > wrote in message
>
> Hey Sandy: plans haven't changed, or even been made, officially yet,
> but as details get filled in, I'm looking at possibilities. I have
> plane tickets into Bristol on Tuesday and need to be back in Plymouth
> on Sunday, so Stirling seemed a bit too far north for me to get to
> and still have time to spend. I also haven't been in touch with my
> friends there for a place to stay for the week, so I was thinking
> about getting a B&B in Wales and just hanging out for a few days. I
> read that there are some nice locales in Wales (which I cannot
> pronounce, and cannot spell without a lot of c's and n's and th's).
> Do you still recommend coming north for those 5 days? I suppose I
> could take a train up.
>
> --riverman

It wouldn't be feasable, two days travelling for, at most, two days fishing,
Wales is certainly the better option. Pity I'm sure I might have been able
to cobble something together.

Keep your head down, I saw your posts on ROFF :)

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:- http://www.ftscotland.co.uk
IRC:- Sandyb in #rabble uk3.arcnet.vapor.com Port:6667
#Rabble Channel Website:- http://www.rabble.ftscotland.co.uk
ICQ : 41266150

riverman
March 28th, 2004, 04:13 PM
"Sandy" > wrote in message

> It wouldn't be feasable, two days travelling for, at most, two days
fishing,
> Wales is certainly the better option. Pity I'm sure I might have been able
> to cobble something together.
>
> Keep your head down, I saw your posts on ROFF :)

I'll keep looking into options. Thanks.

--riverman
(head waaay down)

Herman Nijland
March 28th, 2004, 11:31 PM
riverman wrote:
> "Sandy" > wrote in message
>
>>It wouldn't be feasable, two days travelling for, at most, two days
>
> fishing,
>
>>Wales is certainly the better option. Pity I'm sure I might have been able
>>to cobble something together.
>>
>>Keep your head down, I saw your posts on ROFF :)
>>

> I'll keep looking into options. Thanks.
>
> --riverman
> (head waaay down)

Hey Myron,
I spent a very enjoyable couple of days in a B&B at the river Irfon, ran
by Charles Picton. Since it is a couple of years ago,I don't know if
it's still open, but you can find his phone number on
http://www.grayling.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index10.htm (ctrl-F for
picton). Lovely region, and although the info is on the pages of the
grayling hunter there's plenty of trout there too.

--
Cheers mate, and stay out of the way of trouble,
Herman

Herman Nijland
March 28th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Herman Nijland wrote:

> Hey Myron,
> I spent a very enjoyable couple of days in a B&B at the river Irfon, ran
> by Charles Picton. Since it is a couple of years ago,I don't know if
> it's still open, but you can find his phone number on
> http://www.grayling.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index10.htm (ctrl-F for
> picton). Lovely region, and although the info is on the pages of the
> grayling hunter there's plenty of trout there too.

Follow-up on my own post, sorry lads.. But anyway, it seems that
Charlie's B&B is still in business.
More info on http://tinyurl.com/358c5
--
Herman, no business connections, just a statisfied customer.

Aquazur-Dra
March 29th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Hi Riverman

If e-mail me your reply addres and I wil send loads of URL's - " fishing in
wales "

I would head for Twyi /Teifi or Dyfi

Best Fishing B&B in wales see
http://www.dolffanogfawr.co.uk/Dolffanog/home/dolfawr.html

--
¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
compliments Dave Armes

riverman > wrote in message
> I'm thinking of renting a car in Bristol and spending a week in mid-June
> fishing in Wales. Can anyone suggest a good lodge, B&B or guesthouse that
is
> near some good flyfishing waters? I don't want to haul my tent and camping
> gear, but also don't want to spend over a few hundred pounds (if
possible).

> --riverman

riverman
March 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
"Aquazur-Dra" > wrote in message

> Hi Riverman
>
> If e-mail me your reply addres and I wil send loads of URL's - " fishing
in
> wales "
>
> I would head for Twyi /Teifi or Dyfi
>
> Best Fishing B&B in wales see
> http://www.dolffanogfawr.co.uk/Dolffanog/home/dolfawr.html

Thanks, Dave. Just post them here, I'm sure I'm not the only person
interested in seeing them.

--riverman

Aquazur-Dra
March 29th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Riverman

Sorry "No can Do " - Far to too many Urls to post !!

NB I prsume uk.rec.fishing.game " Charter PROHBITS " posting " file
attachments to this Newsgroup !!

DAVE A

riverman > wrote in message

> "Aquazur-Dra" > wrote in message
> >
> > Hi Riverman
> >
> > If e-mail me your reply addres and I wil send loads of URL's - " fishing
> in
> > wales "
> >
> > I would head for Twyi /Teifi or Dyfi
> >
> > Best Fishing B&B in wales see
> > http://www.dolffanogfawr.co.uk/Dolffanog/home/dolfawr.html
>
> Thanks, Dave. Just post them here, I'm sure I'm not the only person
> interested in seeing them.
>
> --riverman

Emma & John Whiteley
March 31st, 2004, 09:52 AM
"riverman" > wrote in message
> I'm thinking of renting a car in Bristol and spending a week in mid-June
> fishing in Wales.
>
> --riverman

Myron this should help give me a private e-mail with dates and I'll see if
I'm around and if you choose a river I might know of somewhere to stay. A
suggestion if coming from Bristol would be not to travel too far North as
North South and vice versa is not always as easy or quick as you it seem !
If your looking for Sewin (Sea trout) think night fishing and your looking
for good sport as long as there has been some rain.Wild trout on the other
hand a good sugestion would be on the Usk or Teifi.
www.fishing-in-wales.com
www.ceredigion.gov.uk/english/visiting/tourism/croeso/angling/anglingindex.h
tml

The bottom link produce a leaflet that also mentions places to stay that are
fishermen friendly important if night fishing.

TL John Whiteley

riverman
March 31st, 2004, 09:18 PM
"Emma & John Whiteley" > wrote in message >...
> "riverman" > wrote in message
> > I'm thinking of renting a car in Bristol and spending a week in mid-June
> > fishing in Wales.
> >
> > --riverman
>
> Myron this should help give me a private e-mail with dates and I'll see if
> I'm around and if you choose a river I might know of somewhere to stay. A
> suggestion if coming from Bristol would be not to travel too far North as
> North South and vice versa is not always as easy or quick as you it seem !
> If your looking for Sewin (Sea trout) think night fishing and your looking
> for good sport as long as there has been some rain.Wild trout on the other
> hand a good sugestion would be on the Usk or Teifi.
> www.fishing-in-wales.com
> www.ceredigion.gov.uk/english/visiting/tourism/croeso/angling/anglingindex.h
> tml
>
> The bottom link produce a leaflet that also mentions places to stay that are
> fishermen friendly important if night fishing.
>
> TL John Whiteley

Hi John:
I'm thinking of the south central region of wales. I don't know what
rivers are best, but I saw the homepage for an interesting hotel/B&B
(the Cammarch Hotel) in Llangamarch Wells. A couple of rivers meet
there, and they mention about 8 diferent stretches you can fish. I
figure I'd just get centrally located, and see some of the countryside
and get in some fishing for 5-6 days. I certainly have a preference
for something with character, a good pub downstairs, and trout in the
streams. Can you recommend anything specific?

BTW: My email is <myronbuck-at-**> and I use a yahoo.com account. (I
figure that might fool the spambots.) Thanks for the post.

--riverman