PDA

View Full Version : Casting Lessons Needed

Derek Burwood
April 2nd, 2004, 09:11 PM
Can anyone recommend a good casting instructor in the Rutland/Northants
area please ??

Thanks

SS
April 3rd, 2004, 09:05 AM
given that this is U.R.F.GAME.

I'd suggest he meant Fly casting

???

SS

Derek.Moody
April 3rd, 2004, 10:39 AM
In article >, SS
> wrote:
> given that this is U.R.F.GAME.
>
> I'd suggest he meant Fly casting

Maybe, maybe not. I agree that the casting practice advocated was not going
to be particularly useful.

If not fly fishing, casting problems when game fishing are usually those
associated with spinning, worming or prawning heavily bushed in streams. In
this case a casting course round a mature garden is probably of more use.
Put targets under overhanging branches, between closely spaced plants and so
on. The advantage is that you can walk over and untangle the misses. Try
first with the single bomb and then -if- you intend to fish with
leads/floats or other encumbrances on the line set up a two-lead practice
dummy to experience the pendulum effect.

Titus was right about one thing though; as with fly casting, accuracy and
stealth are far more use in the long run than distance.

Cheerio,

--

laxhill
April 4th, 2004, 07:37 PM
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 21:11:20 +0100, "Derek Burwood"
> wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good casting instructor in the Rutland/Northants
>area please ??
>
>Thanks

Fly casting - enquire at Rutland Water fishing lodge (or Pitsford)
Keith

The Leaping Frog
April 5th, 2004, 09:44 PM
This is someway off your area (Wiltshire) but Jim Williams is a very
competent guy and it will not cost an arm and a leg.
See www.troutcasting.com

Regards
Jerome Philipon

Derek Burwood > wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a good casting instructor in the Rutland/Northants
> area please ??
>
> Thanks

W. D. Grey
April 5th, 2004, 10:33 PM
In article >, The Leaping Frog
> writes
>This is someway off your area (Wiltshire) but Jim Williams is a very
>competent guy and it will not cost an arm and a leg.

How convenient!

It would have been difficult to cast if it had cost an arm and a leg
:-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

The Leaping Frog
April 8th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Hey Bill,

Just to proove that I can be funny without even noticing!

Tightlines
Jerome
W. D. Grey > wrote in message
> In article >, The Leaping Frog
> > writes
> >This is someway off your area (Wiltshire) but Jim Williams is a very
> >competent guy and it will not cost an arm and a leg.
>
> How convenient!
>
> It would have been difficult to cast if it had cost an arm and a leg
> :-)
> --
> Bill Grey
> http://www.billboy.co.uk

W. D. Grey
April 9th, 2004, 10:31 AM
In article >, The Leaping Frog
> writes
>Hey Bill,
>
>Just to proove that I can be funny without even noticing!
>
>Tightlines
>Jerome

Nice one :-)
--