PDA

View Full Version : Hertfordshire fly fishing?

Swith
May 5th, 2004, 09:36 PM
I need to find a good place to fish one evening next week in Hertfordshire -
or somewhere close to North London. Does anyone know any good places -
appropriate for a newbie to fly fishing, so not too difficult for casting
etc? Thanks.

Swithun

Dan
May 5th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Rib Valley just outside Hertford, right off the A10 is one you could try.
Info and directions here :
http://www.ribvalleyfishinglakes.com/Welcome.htm

I've not fished it yet this year, but its a nice easy place to fish, I've
had rainbows out to 5lbs (must be easy if I can do it;-))
Danny
"Swith" > wrote in message

> I need to find a good place to fish one evening next week in
Hertfordshire -
> or somewhere close to North London. Does anyone know any good places -
> appropriate for a newbie to fly fishing, so not too difficult for casting
> etc? Thanks.
>
> Swithun

---

Swith
May 7th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Cheers Dan - just the job. I'll give it a go...

"Dan" > wrote in message
> Rib Valley just outside Hertford, right off the A10 is one you could try.
> Info and directions here :
> http://www.ribvalleyfishinglakes.com/Welcome.htm
>
> I've not fished it yet this year, but its a nice easy place to fish, I've
> had rainbows out to 5lbs (must be easy if I can do it;-))
> Danny
> "Swith" > wrote in message
> >
> > I need to find a good place to fish one evening next week in
> Hertfordshire -
> > or somewhere close to North London. Does anyone know any good places -
> > appropriate for a newbie to fly fishing, so not too difficult for
casting
> > etc? Thanks.
> >
> > Swithun
> >

> ---

Alec Powell
May 7th, 2004, 07:43 PM
On Wed, 5 May 2004, Swith, gave forth these words of wisdom:

>I need to find a good place to fish one evening next week in Hertfordshire -
>or somewhere close to North London. Does anyone know any good places -
>appropriate for a newbie to fly fishing, so not too difficult for casting
>etc? Thanks.
Hi mate,
You could also try Redbournbury Trout fishery at Redbourn, St. Albans.
Tel: 07774 197411 Half a mile of chalkstream and 1 acre lake.
Not tried it myself but worth a try, and give us a report back on what
you think!
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec and Valerie Powell Watlington Oxon. UK

Alternative email address:

Web Pages:
http://www.prole.demon.co.uk

Swith
May 8th, 2004, 11:39 AM
I rang the guy and he was friendly and helpful. Looks like I might try it
on Thurrsday - 10 quid for 2 fish/4 hours. I'll report back here on how it
fishes.

Cheers,

Swithun