PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrggggghhhhh!!!!

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 30th, 2003, 08:11 PM
As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white snowflakes falling outside my
window. It's too early!!!
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Bob La Londe
September 30th, 2003, 08:37 PM
I keep telling you, come to Yuma. It never snows here.

In fact I have been doing some cleanup in the yard at my office today. We
started just after sunrise to try and get some of the big stuff moved before
it got to hot.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
snowflakes falling outside my
> window. It's too early!!!
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Charles B. Summers
September 30th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Whaddya mean it's snowing??? It's still 71 degrees!

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
snowflakes falling outside my
> window. It's too early!!!
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Calif Bill
September 30th, 2003, 09:51 PM
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
snowflakes falling outside my
> window. It's too early!!!
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Well if it was snowing, I could have gotten out of yard work today. But it
been a couple of years since we had any snow. Is down to the 50's at night,
and night comes way to early. Figure on a little stream fishing for trout
this weekend, as going to Bear Valley in the Calif. Sierras.

BassQueen
September 30th, 2003, 10:18 PM
You weren't kidding when you told me about the snow up there, sorry to hear
that Steve. It's been cold down here the last few weeks, no snow yet, thank
God, this girl is ready for summer again, two weeks of cold is long enough
for me!

--BQ

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
snowflakes falling outside my
> window. It's too early!!!
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

alwaysfishking
October 1st, 2003, 01:47 AM
I feel your pain Steve, it's getting cold, expected low 40's to upper 30's
at night and dropping fast. Winds were wicked the past few days. I'm finding
it harder to get up early to fish in the dark. I don't mind the dark, but
cold and dark just isn't fun. Dam I miss summer : (
"BassQueen" > wrote in message
> You weren't kidding when you told me about the snow up there, sorry to
hear
> that Steve. It's been cold down here the last few weeks, no snow yet,
thank
> God, this girl is ready for summer again, two weeks of cold is long enough
> for me!
>
> --BQ
>
> "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> > As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
> snowflakes falling outside my
> > window. It's too early!!!
> > --
> > Steve
> > OutdoorFrontiers
> > http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> > G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> > http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Illinois Fisherman
October 1st, 2003, 03:39 PM
Had a little touch of frost last night in Northern Illinois.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message
> As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
snowflakes falling outside my
> window. It's too early!!!
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Gone Angling
October 1st, 2003, 08:36 PM
>I feel your pain Steve, it's getting cold, expected low 40's to upper 30's
>at night and dropping fast. Winds were wicked the past few days. I'm finding
>it harder to get up early to fish in the dark. I don't mind the dark, but
>cold and dark just isn't fun. Dam I miss summer : (

fair weather anglers

Jim Laumann
October 2nd, 2003, 02:39 AM
Yee-Haw! We've had frost the last mornings. With a little
luck, in 60 days or so - the water will be hard, First ice - what
a wonderful time of the year!

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:11:20 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> wrote:

>As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white snowflakes falling outside my
>window. It's too early!!!

Jim

2003 ROFB NWC
Largest Non Bass Trophy Winner

Charles B. Summers
October 2nd, 2003, 04:57 AM
You're a sick man Jim....lol

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
"Jim Laumann" > wrote in message

> Yee-Haw! We've had frost the last mornings. With a little
> luck, in 60 days or so - the water will be hard, First ice - what
> a wonderful time of the year!
>

> On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:11:20 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> > wrote:
>
> >As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
snowflakes falling outside my
> >window. It's too early!!!
>
> Jim
>
> 2003 ROFB NWC
> Largest Non Bass Trophy Winner

BassQueen
October 2nd, 2003, 07:56 PM
You read my mind Charles!

--BQ

"Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot)> wrote in
message ...
> You're a sick man Jim....lol
>
> --
> Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
> www.secretweaponlures.com
> www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> www.midtennclassic.org
> "Jim Laumann" > wrote in message
> >
> > Yee-Haw! We've had frost the last mornings. With a little
> > luck, in 60 days or so - the water will be hard, First ice - what
> > a wonderful time of the year!
> >

> > On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:11:20 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >As I'm sitting here at the computer, I'm watching large, fluffy, white
> snowflakes falling outside my
> > >window. It's too early!!!
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > 2003 ROFB NWC
> > Largest Non Bass Trophy Winner

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 2nd, 2003, 08:58 PM
"BassQueen" > wrote in message ...
> You read my mind Charles!

Now, to make matters worse, it was 23 degrees when I woke up this morning. Yesterday, not too far
north of me, 6 inches of snow fell! It snowed off and on all day, but luckily, it didn't stick.
It's still way too early!
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Josh
October 2nd, 2003, 11:22 PM
But Steve, you only live 20 mins from the north pole !

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Dan, danl, danny boy, Redbeard, actually Greybeard
October 3rd, 2003, 12:49 AM
On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:58:25 -0500, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
> sent into the ether:

>"BassQueen" > wrote in message ...
>> You read my mind Charles!
>
>Now, to make matters worse, it was 23 degrees when I woke up this morning. Yesterday, not too far
>north of me, 6 inches of snow fell! It snowed off and on all day, but luckily, it didn't stick.
>It's still way too early!

The Arctic is a cruel master. Move South. Come on down here, we get
two more days of warm sunny conditions than you do :<}
danl
Good fishing, great catching
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
Remove left x for direct reply

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 3rd, 2003, 12:58 AM
"Josh" > wrote in message ...
> But Steve, you only live 20 mins from the north pole !

LOL, all too true. But as much as I've traveled around recently, I still haven't found a place that
I want to move to. Or that Janet would go to. She doesn't want to live where there's prehistoric
creatures or insects larger than her head, which eliminates a lot of the southern states. She also
doesn't want to live anywhere where the ground doesn't stay still and would prefer to be out of the
hurricane zone. Me? I want to live where there's an abundance of water to fish, and a variety of
species to chase, and it has to have good hunting.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

RichZ
October 3rd, 2003, 01:13 AM
Steve wrote:
> Me? I want to live where there's an abundance of water to fish, and a variety of
> species to chase, and it has to have good hunting.

It sounds like you want to live near Lake Champlain.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Dark Knight
October 3rd, 2003, 01:22 AM
Then ya want to move to Western Canada!!!

(To comment on my son's $0.02CDN as he reads over my shoulder, I'm not
prehistoric, and the "flying leeches" are NOT bigger than Janet's head..her
fist maybe, but not her head...)

DK

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Josh" > wrote in message
> > But Steve, you only live 20 mins from the north pole !
>
> LOL, all too true. But as much as I've traveled around recently, I still
haven't found a place that
> I want to move to. Or that Janet would go to. She doesn't want to live
where there's prehistoric
> creatures or insects larger than her head, which eliminates a lot of the
southern states. She also
> doesn't want to live anywhere where the ground doesn't stay still and
would prefer to be out of the
> hurricane zone. Me? I want to live where there's an abundance of water
to fish, and a variety of
> species to chase, and it has to have good hunting.
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

J Buck
October 3rd, 2003, 01:40 AM
<I want to live where there's an abundance of water to fish, and a
variety of species to chase, and it has to have good hunting>

You could always go to Maine

Thundercat
October 3rd, 2003, 02:17 AM
I echo Rich Z's sentiment to some extent. The Adirondack section of NY State
may be just what you are looking for! Lake Champlain, Lake George, Great
Scandagah Lake, Schroon Lake, Hudson River as well as turkey, bear, deer,
pheasant, fox, coyote, bobcat, quail, grouse, duck, goose, etc...Come on
over!

--
Harry J. aka Thundercat
Bass fishing is NOT a hobby...

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Josh" > wrote in message
> > But Steve, you only live 20 mins from the north pole !
>
> LOL, all too true. But as much as I've traveled around recently, I still
haven't found a place that
> I want to move to. Or that Janet would go to. She doesn't want to live
where there's prehistoric
> creatures or insects larger than her head, which eliminates a lot of the
southern states. She also
> doesn't want to live anywhere where the ground doesn't stay still and
would prefer to be out of the
> hurricane zone. Me? I want to live where there's an abundance of water
to fish, and a variety of
> species to chase, and it has to have good hunting.
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 3rd, 2003, 03:59 AM
"RichZ" > wrote in message ...
> Steve wrote:
> > Me? I want to live where there's an abundance of water to fish, and a variety of
> > species to chase, and it has to have good hunting.
> >
> It sounds like you want to live near Lake Champlain.

One of these days Rich, I'm going to get into your neck of the woods and we'll share a boat for a
day or two! I've got to see what you guys over there have been talking about. Plus, I want to sit
in Alwaysfishking's backyard with bow in hand. I hear he's got a big black bear that's been kinda
annoying....

Rich, did you get my e-mail?
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Charles B. Summers
October 3rd, 2003, 04:18 AM
You probably couldn't do any better than Kentucky as far as plenty of places
to fish, and hunt! The ground doesn't move, hurricanes stay away, tornadoes
are rare, no pre-historic creatures. Insects... well.... you gotta weigh the
good and bad.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
www.midtennclassic.org
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Josh" > wrote in message
> > But Steve, you only live 20 mins from the north pole !
>
> LOL, all too true. But as much as I've traveled around recently, I still
haven't found a place that
> I want to move to. Or that Janet would go to. She doesn't want to live
where there's prehistoric
> creatures or insects larger than her head, which eliminates a lot of the
southern states. She also
> doesn't want to live anywhere where the ground doesn't stay still and
would prefer to be out of the
> hurricane zone. Me? I want to live where there's an abundance of water
to fish, and a variety of
> species to chase, and it has to have good hunting.
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

RichZ
October 3rd, 2003, 05:10 AM
Steve wrote:
> Rich, did you get my e-mail?

No. My email server is broken at the moment. It received 5300 copies of a
spam/worm/virus in less than half an hour last night, and choked. I haven't
had the time or inclination to dig in it.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
October 3rd, 2003, 12:01 PM
"RichZ" > wrote in message ...
> Steve wrote:
> > Rich, did you get my e-mail?
> >
> No. My email server is broken at the moment. It received 5300 copies of a
> spam/worm/virus in less than half an hour last night, and choked. I haven't
> had the time or inclination to dig in it.
>
> RichZ©
> www.richz.com/fishing

Ahh, you got that now too! I got hammered with that last week and it's still continuing. My phone
numbers are on my www.herefishyfishy.com website, give me a call.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Gone Angling
October 4th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Jack about fishing? huh Randy..lad i think you are a little misinformed. I've
been out every day (night) fishing since Aug 31