PDA

View Full Version : Good spot near Bristol...

Swith
May 22nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
I've got a morning next Saturday down in Bristol and I'm hoping to get
out...but don't know where to fish. I went to a small lake south of Bristol
once before - and it was OK - a small place on a farm with some nice
rainbows. But I'd like to find somewhere different this time. I wondered
about the big reservoir - Chew (I think) - but can't find a website that
gives me cost or how I could get a boat etc. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I'm a real newbie to the fly so it needs to be not too hard to cast (the
thought of a boat appeals therefore).

Thanks...

Swithun

laxhill
May 22nd, 2004, 11:45 PM
On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:43:48 +0100, "Swith"
> wrote:

>I've got a morning next Saturday down in Bristol and I'm hoping to get
>out...but don't know where to fish. I went to a small lake south of Bristol
>once before - and it was OK - a small place on a farm with some nice
>rainbows. But I'd like to find somewhere different this time. I wondered
>about the big reservoir - Chew (I think) - but can't find a website that
>gives me cost or how I could get a boat etc. Does anyone have any thoughts?
>I'm a real newbie to the fly so it needs to be not too hard to cast (the
>thought of a boat appeals therefore).
>
>Thanks...
>
>Swithun

http://www.bristolwater.co.uk/fishing/index.htm

Keith

Swith
June 15th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Cheers for the site. I ended up talking to the guys and then going to Chew.
Lovely fishing - caught a nice 3 lb rainbow. Lost another 3....

"laxhill" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:43:48 +0100, "Swith"
> > wrote:
>
> >I've got a morning next Saturday down in Bristol and I'm hoping to get
> >out...but don't know where to fish. I went to a small lake south of
Bristol
> >once before - and it was OK - a small place on a farm with some nice
> >rainbows. But I'd like to find somewhere different this time. I
wondered
> >about the big reservoir - Chew (I think) - but can't find a website that
> >gives me cost or how I could get a boat etc. Does anyone have any
thoughts?
> >I'm a real newbie to the fly so it needs to be not too hard to cast (the
> >thought of a boat appeals therefore).
> >
> >Thanks...
> >
> >Swithun
> >

> http://www.bristolwater.co.uk/fishing/index.htm
>

> Keith

Swith
June 15th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Have to admit though...catching stockies is just nothing like the 4 days I
just had up in the west highlands catching wild brownies. Now that is
fantastic fishing...