PDA

View Full Version : My first one!

George
May 27th, 2004, 09:34 PM
I've been watching this group for a while now and decided to show my cap
above the parapet! I'm a real newcomer to fly fishing (this is my first
full season - started in October last year) and I've just caught my first
wild brownie on a fly.

Thank God for Duffer's Fortnight! I really was beginning to despair as the
rivers I've been fishing are, so far, hiding their fish from me :)

But I managed a day at Kenmore where the River Tay leaves Loch Tay (£5/day
for trout ticket), and amidst fabulous scenery (including a red deer wading
the river) and a huge Mayfly hatch, managed to get a 1lb 1oz brownie on an
artificial mayfly.

What a thrill!! How could I have gone for nearly 50 years and missed this!

--
Harper Blue

you call it a rut, I call it a groove

www.bluescondition.btinternet.co.uk

Sandy Birrell
May 27th, 2004, 10:32 PM
George wrote:
> I've been watching this group for a while now and decided to show my
> cap above the parapet! I'm a real newcomer to fly fishing (this is
> my first full season - started in October last year) and I've just
> caught my first wild brownie on a fly.
>
> Thank God for Duffer's Fortnight! I really was beginning to despair
> as the rivers I've been fishing are, so far, hiding their fish from
> me :)
>
> But I managed a day at Kenmore where the River Tay leaves Loch Tay
> (£5/day for trout ticket), and amidst fabulous scenery (including a
> red deer wading the river) and a huge Mayfly hatch, managed to get a
> 1lb 1oz brownie on an artificial mayfly.
>
> What a thrill!! How could I have gone for nearly 50 years and missed
> this!

Well done!! Once you start you will never stop :)

--
Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy
--

E-Mail:-
Website:- http://www.ftscotland.co.uk

W. D. Grey
May 28th, 2004, 11:32 PM
In article >, George
> writes
>But I managed a day at Kenmore where the River Tay leaves Loch Tay (£5/day
>for trout ticket), and amidst fabulous scenery (including a red deer wading
>the river) and a huge Mayfly hatch, managed to get a 1lb 1oz brownie on an
>artificial mayfly.
>
>What a thrill!! How could I have gone for nearly 50 years and missed this!

Well done George, and welcome to the throng.

By the way - it took me nearly 50 years to catch my first 1 lbs brownie.
Plenty just below but never the 1 pounder. On that day a couple of
years ago I took four brownies, three were around twelve-fourteen ozs
and one was just over the pound.

You've started well :-)
--
Bill Grey