PDA

View Full Version : TR Galway weir Ireland

Aquazur-Dra
June 3rd, 2004, 05:20 PM
Nigel Stevens caught and retained a 5lb grilse on a size 12 Galway green
treble

Dave Armes managed to hook into a very large Springer > 15lbs on a
size 12 orange foxtail shrimp from
behind the large rocks nearer the top of the Galway weir which decided to
head back to to sea!!

managed to turn/ get fish half way up the beat and it then again decided to
head
back to sea!!lost fish after running out of backing at least very fast
unstoppable 80yd run **

*** Have now added so more micro backing to my aging fly reel

TAKE NOTE !!
DAVE ARMES

The Leaping Frog
June 5th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Dave,

Pleased to hear your saw a fish, sorry it went back to sea!

How was New Zealand?

Jerome
Aquazur-Dra > wrote in message

> Nigel Stevens caught and retained a 5lb grilse on a size 12 Galway green
> treble
>
> Dave Armes managed to hook into a very large Springer > 15lbs on a
> size 12 orange foxtail shrimp from
> behind the large rocks nearer the top of the Galway weir which decided to
> head back to to sea!!
>
> managed to turn/ get fish half way up the beat and it then again decided
> head
> back to sea!!lost fish after running out of backing at least very fast
> unstoppable 80yd run **
>
> *** Have now added so more micro backing to my aging fly reel
>

> TAKE NOTE !!
> DAVE ARMES

W. D. Grey
June 25th, 2004, 10:09 PM
In article >, Aquazur-Dra
> writes
>managed to turn/ get fish half way up the beat and it then again decided to
>head
>back to sea!!lost fish after running out of backing at least very fast
>unstoppable 80yd run **
.......................................by which time it had grown to at
least 25 lbs :-)

Dave - what can I say - tough luck! I know you love salmon, but surely
you couldn't eat a whole one :-)

--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk