PDA

View Full Version : Big Brownie's On The Test

Jon
June 10th, 2004, 08:52 PM
I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
Does anyone know the record for that river?

Jon

W. D. Grey
June 14th, 2004, 08:34 AM
In article >, Jon
> writes
>I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
>(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
>Does anyone know the record for that river?

I hope he put it back :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

laxhill
June 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 08:34:54 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
> wrote:

>In article >, Jon
> writes
>>I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
>>(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
>>Does anyone know the record for that river?
>
>I hope he put it back :-)

I returned a 15llb raindow at Stocks Res on Saturday - do I get a
brownie point ;-)

W. D. Grey
June 14th, 2004, 02:24 PM
In article >, laxhill
> writes
>I returned a 15llb raindow at Stocks Res on Saturday - do I get a
>brownie point ;-)

Several in fact.

Why should you want to return a Rainbow anyway? No money at the end of
it?
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Derek.Moody
June 14th, 2004, 05:00 PM
In article >, W. D. Grey
> wrote:
> In article >, Jon
> > writes
> >I wondered if anyone can help, I was fishing the Test on Sunday and a friend
> >(not me) caught a 91/4 lb Brown Trout out of the Kimbridge Gingerbeer Beat.
> >Does anyone know the record for that river?
>
> I hope he put it back :-)

Might be better kept - most at that size will be cannibals.

Most brownies here go over somewhere around the three pound mark. Generally
they get up to about 4-5lb and then go back. Most of the ones I've caught
have been long thin and toothy but only around 2 1/2lb. About now when the
minnows are spawning is the only time you ever see the real big ones. The
record here (a somewhat lesser chalkstream) is over 12lb btw so I'd expect
the test to have grown them bigger. On the Test there is a high chance the
fish was a stockie.

Cheerio,

--

laxhill
June 14th, 2004, 07:50 PM
On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 14:24:10 +0100, "W. D. Grey"
> wrote:

>In article >, laxhill
> writes
>>I returned a 15llb raindow at Stocks Res on Saturday - do I get a
>>brownie point ;-)
>
>Several in fact.
>
>Why should you want to return a Rainbow anyway? No money at the end of
>it?

Season ticket catch and release - barbless hook - took a size 12
buzzer on 8lb fluo.
Keith

W. D. Grey
June 14th, 2004, 09:10 PM
In article >, laxhill
> writes
>Season ticket catch and release - barbless hook - took a size 12
>buzzer on 8lb fluo.

In that case, very well done - it must have had your nerves jangling at
the time :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk

Jon
June 18th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Just to let you know what happened
My friend with the full knowledge of the Ghillie from Orvis decided to take
the trout and it is now being mounted in a case.
He will not let us forget and has even threatened to have it placed in our
local!!