PDA

View Full Version : Barbour Stowaway jacket

Nigel
June 18th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Does anyone own a Barbour Stowaway jacket who could comment on its
robustness and waterproof reliability. I'm thinking of getting one.

TIA
Nigel

Steven Malam
June 19th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Not sure about the Stonaway jacket, but I purchased the Bushman jacket first
week of December 2003 have to say best jacket I have ever owned quality is
first class warm and totally water proof. If the 1 you are looking at is has
good you will have a jacket for life.

4 Star
June 23rd, 2004, 09:48 AM
I bought one of the stowaways when they came out and found it to be
totally plastic in feel and not at all what I'd come to expect of
Barbour. They are only superficially like the original durham and the
lining to the sleeves was longer than the sleevesm meaning that it slid
down over your hands from under the cuffs. I would not for one minute
think that it would be as hard wearing as an original Durham and felt
that I had paid good money for a plastic mac!
In the end I bought a Barbour Mayfly and am more than pleased with it.

Nigel wrote:

> Does anyone own a Barbour Stowaway jacket who could comment on its
> robustness and waterproof reliability. I'm thinking of getting one.
>
> TIA
> Nigel

4 Star
July 2nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
hava a look at a real barbour durham not a plastic one!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3686514555

Nigel wrote:
> Does anyone own a Barbour Stowaway jacket who could comment on its
> robustness and waterproof reliability. I'm thinking of getting one.
>
> TIA
> Nigel

4 Star
July 2nd, 2004, 07:53 PM
Sorry, buggered up!
here is the correct ebay reference for the real barbour Durham.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3686516898