PDA

View Full Version : What is fishing?

Danny
November 27th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Why does man feel the need to fish for fun?

Ergo
November 27th, 2003, 07:57 AM
Danny wrote:
> Why does man feel the need to fish for fun?

I feel a troll emerging, but why do you need to know?
--
Ergo ²°°³
A day without sunshine is like, well, night!

---
Don't worry I am virus free atm. rofl

Richard
November 27th, 2003, 10:27 AM
"Danny" > wrote in message
> Why does man feel the need to fish for fun?

Why does man/woman feel the need to troll?

---

Brenda
November 27th, 2003, 05:15 PM
It's the same as fishin without the g.
"Danny" > wrote in message
> Why does man feel the need to fish for fun?

Danny
November 27th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Oh, come on. I expected more defensive responses than that. You are right
though, I was trolling, as the group didn't have any posts for 3 days.

You got to admit though, it is strange when you think about it. Spending
all that money and time and even sitting out in all weather conditions to
catch a fish, which you put back. Must be instinct I guess.

Brownz
November 27th, 2003, 07:30 PM
"Danny" > wrote in message
> Oh, come on. I expected more defensive responses than that. You are
right
> though, I was trolling, as the group didn't have any posts for 3 days.
> You got to admit though, it is strange when you think about it. Spending
> all that money and time and even sitting out in all weather conditions to
> catch a fish, which you put back. Must be instinct I guess.

Heh..... Well owned up !!

1. I suppose its that rush you get when you get a fish on the other end of
the line.
2. The persuit of always trying to get something bigger than last time on
the end of the line.
I know when I land a big fish, then I get a adrenaline rush.
Sometimes I get the serious shakes afterwards (but that could be because of
the hangover from lastnight).
Again, like other people mentioned, sometimes trudging through fields, in
the pouring rain wind and cold, if far from fun.
But its the 1 & 2 above that keep me doing it. (Although I admit to being a
bit of a fairweather fisherperson in the winter!)

Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/ - Featuring New Fishing Gallery !

Baal
November 27th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Also for many it facilitates a total relaxation experience - away from the
normal pressures of life, the universe and everything.

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

"Brownz" > wrote in message
> "Danny" > wrote in message
> > Oh, come on. I expected more defensive responses than that. You are
> right
> > though, I was trolling, as the group didn't have any posts for 3 days.
> > You got to admit though, it is strange when you think about it.
Spending
> > all that money and time and even sitting out in all weather conditions
> > catch a fish, which you put back. Must be instinct I guess.
>
> Heh..... Well owned up !!
>
> 1. I suppose its that rush you get when you get a fish on the other end of
> the line.
> 2. The persuit of always trying to get something bigger than last time on
> the end of the line.
> I know when I land a big fish, then I get a adrenaline rush.
> Sometimes I get the serious shakes afterwards (but that could be because
of
> the hangover from lastnight).
> Again, like other people mentioned, sometimes trudging through fields, in
> the pouring rain wind and cold, if far from fun.
> But its the 1 & 2 above that keep me doing it. (Although I admit to being
> bit of a fairweather fisherperson in the winter!)
>
> Cheerz - Brownz
> http://www.brownz.org/ - Featuring New Fishing Gallery !

Brownz
November 27th, 2003, 11:57 PM
"Baal" > wrote in message
> Also for many it facilitates a total relaxation experience - away from the
> normal pressures of life, the universe and everything.

Spot on.
I live a very hectic week.
There is nothing like sitting on a river bank with nowt but the mice nicking
your maggots, the birds twittering in the trees, and the thought that there
is a lot more going on at this very moment in time.
Bliss......

Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

Steve
November 28th, 2003, 12:46 PM
I just love the taste of fresh maggots in the morning .... fishing is just
an excuse to buy them in the first place ;-)

Steve

ps I do hope my mother-in-law is reading this newsgroup !!!

Homepage: http://www.stevebb.com
Email:

Ergo
November 28th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Steve wrote:
> I just love the taste of fresh maggots in the morning .... fishing is
> just an excuse to buy them in the first place ;-)
>

> Steve
>
> ps I do hope my mother-in-law is reading this newsgroup !!!
>

> Homepage: http://www.stevebb.com
> Email:

...............and have you noticed they get a nutty flavour when boiled,
this is even more improved if you just dash them through hot pork fat. lol

--
Ergo ²°°³
A day without sunshine is like, well, night!
www.eric-gales.co.uk

---
Don't worry I am virus free atm. rofl

Phil L
November 29th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Danny wrote:
> Oh, come on. I expected more defensive responses than that. You are
> right though, I was trolling, as the group didn't have any posts for
> 3 days.
>
> You got to admit though, it is strange when you think about it.
> Spending all that money and time and even sitting out in all weather
> conditions to catch a fish, which you put back. Must be instinct I
> guess.

It's not instinct otherwise *everyone* would do it.
For seven months out of the year it is the most important thing in my life,
I'm single, healthy (ish!) and work so I can afford to spend a few quid on
bits and pieces although I dont spend a lot.
With having no ties I'm pretty much a free spirit, and when summer comes
around work takes a back seat - I fish 4 or 5 days a week.
It's a lot of different things to different anglers, to matchmen it's the
sport of competing, to the 'trophy hunters' it's the thrill of catching the
biggest, to the game angler it's the thrill of hunting a hunter...
To me, a pleasure angler it's just that - pure pleasure - whether I catch or
not (obvioulsy I'd rather catch, but if not it's still a pleasure to
fish...) being outside when nature is in all it's glory, the dragonflies,
the scent of wet grass, a still water like glass at dawn, and occasionally a
kingfisher (strange coincidence, I've only ever seen two kingfishers in my
life, one while fishing a water about fifty miles north of here and the
other at a local water just around the corner, but both within three days of
each other!!) and of course the feeling when the rod's bent double with a
carp steaming towards the weeds.....

job donjon
December 1st, 2003, 12:59 AM
Fresh maggots - you lucky, lucky bastar*s!!! All I can get is/are
mummified bluebottle lavae.....

And on the subject of "why fish"... if you need to ask the question,
you will never understand the answer (paraphrased)