PDA

View Full Version : local fisheries in the coventry area

micheal graham
December 7th, 2003, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know of any good Carp fisheries in the Coventry area within a 15
minute ride in a car? I'm looking to find a fishery that has a good stock of
carp and that alows nigtht fishing. I'm finding it hard to find a good carp
fishery that alows night fishing as most fisheries have band night fishing.

Baal
December 7th, 2003, 07:38 PM
'most fisheries have band night fishing.............'

I'm not surprised - all that noise frightens the fish....lol!

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

"micheal graham" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any good Carp fisheries in the Coventry area within a
15
> minute ride in a car? I'm looking to find a fishery that has a good stock
of
> carp and that alows nigtht fishing. I'm finding it hard to find a good
carp
> fishery that alows night fishing as most fisheries have band night
fishing.

Richard
December 7th, 2003, 10:19 PM
"micheal graham" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any good Carp fisheries in the Coventry area within a
15
> minute ride in a car? I'm looking to find a fishery that has a good stock
of
> carp and that alows nigtht fishing. I'm finding it hard to find a good
carp
> fishery that alows night fishing as most fisheries have band night
fishing.

Coventry .... they always seem to make strange decisions ..... sky blue
football shirts spring to mind.

As a pointer/aid if you are a specimen carp angler then waters to suite will
allow (normally) night fishing. If you want 'smaller carp' and in abundance,
found in waters more akin to your commercial puddle, then (normally) night
fishing is not allowed. If it were I reckon you might not keep abreast of
the action all night with just the one rod. Surely come morning you would
certainly be knackered and for what exactly .... a large amount of **** poor
carp.

Richard ..... a dedicated specimen hunter since 'about' '68.

---

Peter Cliff
December 8th, 2003, 10:44 AM
Have you looked at:

http://www.fisheries.co.uk

There are full details with photographs on about 70 day-ticket coarse
fisheries including many in the Midlands which offer carp fishing. Of
those, I believe the following also offer night fishing:

Bishops Bowl
Hopsford Hall
Lakeside Fishery
Weston Lawns

Good luck and don't freeze to death!
--
Peter Cliff
Fisheries.co.uk

Richard
December 8th, 2003, 04:10 PM
"Peter Cliff" > wrote in message
> Have you looked at:
>
> http://www.fisheries.co.uk
>
> There are full details with photographs on about 70 day-ticket coarse
> fisheries including many in the Midlands which offer carp fishing. Of
> those, I believe the following also offer night fishing:
> snip

> Good luck and don't freeze to death!

Yes, sound advice. As an all year specimen carper I couldn't agree more.
Make sure you are comfortable to fish over night this time of year. You will
need proper reputable clothing (for the whole body) a decent twin skin
bivvy, 5 season bag and proper 'warming' food. If you haven't got those
'bits' right don't bother to plan the rest. This time of year (long dark
nights) it is good to have others about too. 15 hours 'relative darkness' is
a lot different to 6. I have just done a long weekend with around 2 dozen
other like minded people on a good winter venue, and it was a great.
However, alone and cold (the other end of the spectrum) is a different story
(Imo).

Cheers ....... Richard

---

Kev
December 9th, 2003, 08:54 PM
"micheal graham" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know of any good Carp fisheries in the Coventry area within a
15
> minute ride in a car? I'm looking to find a fishery that has a good stock
of
> carp and that alows nigtht fishing. I'm finding it hard to find a good
carp
> fishery that alows night fishing as most fisheries have band night
fishing.

Ask the guys on this site am sure they will help

www.carpforum.co.uk

--
Regards

Kev