PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Ireland ?

Brownz
December 8th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Hi,

I fancy taking in a trip to Ireland next year.
Has anyone any recommendations for good packages/holidays/organisers that
they've used previously ?
Also whens the best time to go ?
Would like to co-incide with the Kinsale Sevens, week before or week after.
I'd rather go on a personal recommendation than take a risk on an advert
from the ATimes.
Coarse fishing inc some pike hunting would is the plan.
We also like beer and are up for the Craic !

Regards - Brownz
http://www.fishing.brownz.org/

Dan
December 10th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Being Irish and living her I can tell you.
You want to go to either Westmeath (Mullingar) ot Cavan
They are the two best areas in the eastern region for good coarse fishing.
Theres everything from Tench and Carp to Pike Roach Perch Bream Rudd Hybrds.
There's an abundance of Canals Lakes and Rivers. in Westmeath and Lakes and
Rivers Throughout Cavan.

The plus is that both of these areas are under a 2 hour Drive from Dublin,
and thats taking your time.
There's plenty of local accomodation.
The best time is probably anywyere during July or August.

If theres any specific species that you plan on targeting I can give you
more recommendations...