PDA

View Full Version : Fishing vouchers

Izaak
December 12th, 2003, 03:14 PM
A while ago I asked if anyone had heard of fishing vouchers. No one had. I
now discover that two of my local tackle shops sell gift vouchers. The
downside is that the vouchers can only be used in the shop that sold them
and they expire after a year. Still, it could solve some of your problems
re Christmas/birthday pressies. Get the relatives to give you vouchers,
then you can buy any tackle that takes your fancy. Give your local tackle
shop a ring and see, I can't imagine that my two are the only ones who do
this. It's a pity that someone hasn't come up with a national tackle
voucher that can be used in any tackle shop - a bit like book tokens. One
day maybe eh?
Izaak
The banks of green willow
are lovely to see
but why is my end tackle
snagged in that bloody tree?

marktattoo
December 12th, 2003, 10:09 PM
"Izaak" > wrote in message
> A while ago I asked if anyone had heard of fishing vouchers. No one had.
> now discover that two of my local tackle shops sell gift vouchers. The
> downside is that the vouchers can only be used in the shop that sold them
> and they expire after a year. Still, it could solve some of your problems
> re Christmas/birthday pressies. Get the relatives to give you vouchers,
> then you can buy any tackle that takes your fancy. Give your local tackle
> shop a ring and see, I can't imagine that my two are the only ones who do
> this. It's a pity that someone hasn't come up with a national tackle
> voucher that can be used in any tackle shop - a bit like book tokens. One
> day maybe eh?
> Izaak
> The banks of green willow
> are lovely to see
> but why is my end tackle
> snagged in that bloody tree?
>

> bennetts of sheffield do vouxhers if that's any help

Izaak
December 13th, 2003, 02:01 PM
"marktattoo" > wrote in message
> > bennetts of sheffield do vouxhers if that's any help

Thanks Mark, that's useful to know but I think I'd prefer to be in the shop
and pick and choose things myself. I find mail order is fine for many
tackle items but there's nothing like the old hands-on test when buying a
new rod. Clothing is also something else I prefer to try on before buying.