PDA

View Full Version : ping Esoxman.

SS
December 16th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Question.

(River Pike)

Having fished caught and released a fish - on a river - probably 6 - 8 feet
deep and ranging from a couple to maybe 15 (ish) feet deep in the pools.

What is the likelyhood of catching another from the same swim.
basically....how territorial are they.

SS

leigh holman
December 23rd, 2003, 04:39 PM
ive always found river pike swim in small groups. When ive caught one there
is usually a very good chance of another take.
As I almost always use a roving technique when fishing rivers, I usually
give each swim 30 min before moving to the next, if I get a take I will give
it another 30 minutes before moving. The swim will also be marked in my
little notepad for a future visit.
If the take was in the morning I may also return on my way home for a
last cast.