PDA

View Full Version : WD40 Pike Attractor

Harry
January 1st, 2004, 11:19 PM
Hi. I have heard of people using WD40 as a Pike attractor.

Anyone know why Pike would be attracted to WD40?

BTW, I am not saying I agree/dis-agree with it's use, just interested in why
it would improve the catch rate. If it does?

Izaak
January 2nd, 2004, 01:47 PM
"Harry" > wrote in message
> Hi. I have heard of people using WD40 as a Pike attractor.
>
> Anyone know why Pike would be attracted to WD40?

This is a new one to me. I suppose if you hooked a pike and it got round a
snag then a squirt of WD-40 could get your Esox Loosius.

Harry
January 2nd, 2004, 06:44 PM
New to me aswell. And aroused sceptism for me. I heard about it at
www.pikeforum.co.uk

See it here:
http://tinyurl.com/2afd8

Starts on post #20

"Izaak" > wrote in message

> This is a new one to me. I suppose if you hooked a pike and it got round
> snag then a squirt of WD-40 could get your Esox Loosius.

SS
January 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
years ago.....
I remember reading something similar about sea anglers using it on their
baits too.

job donjon
January 2nd, 2004, 07:21 PM
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 23:19:23 -0000, "Harry" > wrote:

>Hi. I have heard of people using WD40 as a Pike attractor.
>
>Anyone know why Pike would be attracted to WD40?
>
>BTW, I am not saying I agree/dis-agree with it's use, just interested in why
>it would improve the catch rate. If it does?

I've heard this too, and I use it on my lures for it's original
purpose. Trouble is, I catch so few fish to make any judgement!
Could the attraction be its stink?

Richard
January 2nd, 2004, 11:38 PM
"Harry" > wrote in message
> Hi. I have heard of people using WD40 as a Pike attractor.
>
> Anyone know why Pike would be attracted to WD40?
>
> BTW, I am not saying I agree/dis-agree with it's use, just interested in
why
> it would improve the catch rate. If it does?

I understand they have used it in the USA for years ..... Richard

---

V.Y. Verwolf
January 5th, 2004, 08:58 AM
"Harry" > wrote in message
> just interested in why
> it would improve the catch rate. If it does?

If I catch you using this crap I'll make you eat it yourself before I kick
your ass.

May cause anaesthesia, headache, dizziness, nausea and upper Respiratory
irritation
Skin contact: May cause drying of skin and/or irritation
Eye contact: May cause irritation, tears and redness
Ingestion: May cause irritation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea

DANGER If swallowed can enter lungs and may cause chemical pneumonia. Do not
induce vomiting.
Obtain medical assistance