PDA

View Full Version : Esthwaite water Lake district

TrnNe6
January 1st, 2004, 11:21 PM
Anyone know how lake fishing for course fish plus cost of course day permit?
Many thanks
Neil

Phil L
January 2nd, 2004, 12:21 AM
TrnNe6 wrote:
: Anyone know how lake fishing for course fish plus cost of course day
: permit? Many thanks
: Neil

Not sure how Esthwaites doing, but i fished Ullswater two weeks ago, mostly
trout and perch on maggot.
as far as i know you dont need a permit but you need a rod licence - I've
never had a ticket for Ullswater or any of the other lakes, including
Brothers Water and Windermere.....

SS
January 2nd, 2004, 09:13 AM
esthwaite requires a permit (- It's run as a trout fishery)
I believe they allow pike fishing in winter.

SS

"Phil L" > wrote in message
> TrnNe6 wrote:
> : Anyone know how lake fishing for course fish plus cost of course day
> : permit? Many thanks
> : Neil
>
> Not sure how Esthwaites doing, but i fished Ullswater two weeks ago,
mostly
> trout and perch on maggot.
> as far as i know you dont need a permit but you need a rod licence - I've
> never had a ticket for Ullswater or any of the other lakes, including
> Brothers Water and Windermere.....

SS
January 2nd, 2004, 09:15 AM
http://www.anntysons.co.uk/fishing.htm

http://www.hawkshead.demon.co.uk/

Phil L
January 3rd, 2004, 02:57 PM
SS wrote:
: esthwaite requires a permit (- It's run as a trout fishery)
: I believe they allow pike fishing in winter.
:
: SS
:
Oops - my mistake - I just assumed all the lakes were free to fish...all the
ones I've fished are, and Ullsater's doing well for small brown trout at the
moment...