PDA

View Full Version : Legalities & seasons...

biowizard
January 4th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Hello all

I'm new to all this, and I'd like to start line-fishing in the Thames north
of Oxford. I'm just wondering if there are definitive seasons for certain
areas or species, and the dates themselves if they apply, like with hunting.

Or is this up to the discretion of the licence issuers? Is there an Oxford
network out there? (I tried google...)

Any links/feedback much appreciated

---

Derek.Moody
January 5th, 2004, 07:32 AM
In article >, biowizard
> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm new to all this, and I'd like to start line-fishing in the Thames north
> of Oxford. I'm just wondering if there are definitive seasons for certain
> areas or species, and the dates themselves if they apply, like with hunting.

When coarse fishing in rivers you may begin on June 16th and stay until
March 14th. Rod licence from the Post Office.

> Or is this up to the discretion of the licence issuers? Is there an Oxford
> network out there? (I tried google...)

Network? There are a couple of fishing clubs iIrc, details from local
fishing tackle shops.

Cheerio,

--

Dave Brown
January 6th, 2004, 11:15 AM
"Derek.Moody" > wrote in message
> In article >, biowizard
> > wrote:
> > Hello all
> > I'm new to all this, and I'd like to start line-fishing in the Thames
north
> > of Oxford. I'm just wondering if there are definitive seasons for
certain
> > areas or species, and the dates themselves if they apply, like with
hunting.
> When coarse fishing in rivers you may begin on June 16th and stay until
> March 14th. Rod licence from the Post Office.
> > Or is this up to the discretion of the licence issuers? Is there an
Oxford
> > network out there? (I tried google...)
> Network? There are a couple of fishing clubs iIrc, details from local
> fishing tackle shops.
> Cheerio,

<http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/regions/thames/323150/323219/361313/?l
ang=_e>
The thames angling guide is a most useful publication.
Obviously the Thames is subject to the open/closed season.
Most private fisheries - like the excellent Richworth-Linear are open all
year round and offer good fishing for most species. (Just between
Witney/Oxford/Wantage)
http://www.linear-fisheries.co.uk/

Cheerz - Brownz
http://fishing.brownz.org/