PDA

View Full Version : Fox Easy Dome Dimensions

Zoe
January 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Hi. Does anyone know the dimensions of the Fox Easy Dome? I can't find
them anywhere.

Cheers.

Bob
January 8th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Easy Dome
· 4oz/210 Denier Fabric
· 3000mm Hydrostatic Head
· Built in PE Groundsheet Inner
· One man capacity
· Mosquito mesh panel on inner door
· Quick-Release Joints
· Lightweight Composite Poles
· Erection time 3 minutes
· Supplied with a set of Steel Bivvy Pegs
· Packet Dimensions (mm) 250 (w) x 250 (h) x 1200 (l)
· Weight 8.2kg

Euro Easy Dome
· 6oz/420 Denier Fabric
· 5000mm Hydrostatic Head
· Inner dome has built in PE Groundsheet Inner
· One man capacity
· Porch for additional storage space
· Mosquito mesh panel in door and ceiling of inner dome for better
ventilation
· Two roll up side panels for extra ventilation
· Quick-Release Joints
· "Aero Grade Aluminium" Poles
· Erection time 3 minutes
· Supplied with Carryall and a set of Steel Bivvy Pegs
· Packet Dimensions (mm) 300 (w) x 300 (h) x 1250 (l)
· Weight 9.75kg

I have a euro easy dome which I use for one or two night sessions and a
Continental Easy Dome which I use for week long sessions and fishing abroad.
The normal easy dome is a bit small for a bedchair and you cause the inner
to run againts the outer skin which causes a condensation problem. The Euro
the bedchair fits across the dome I have mine at the front and use the back
for storage as if it is at the back you get the same condensation problem.
The Continental is a two man or a single man for long sessions the
bedchair(s) can run front to back with room between. The Continental is
also much taller than the other two and I can almost stand upright in the
middle and I am over 6ft. I have used both versions in summer and winter
and have been kept perfectly dry in all conditions. The guy ropes are fine
but replace the pegs with better quality ones and it will be gale proof as
well.
I tried a few different buvvys over the years before these and I can
honestly say this is the forst time I have been satisfied with one .

Bob

Bob

"Zoe" > wrote in message
> Hi. Does anyone know the dimensions of the Fox Easy Dome? I can't find
> them anywhere.
>
> Cheers.

Baal
January 8th, 2004, 09:35 PM
A great review - thanks Bob.

You should get a job with Fox ;-)

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Easy Dome
> · 4oz/210 Denier Fabric
> · 3000mm Hydrostatic Head
> · Built in PE Groundsheet Inner
> · One man capacity
> · Mosquito mesh panel on inner door
> · Quick-Release Joints
> · Lightweight Composite Poles
> · Erection time 3 minutes
> · Supplied with a set of Steel Bivvy Pegs
> · Packet Dimensions (mm) 250 (w) x 250 (h) x 1200 (l)
> · Weight 8.2kg
>
> Euro Easy Dome
> · 6oz/420 Denier Fabric
> · 5000mm Hydrostatic Head
> · Inner dome has built in PE Groundsheet Inner
> · One man capacity
> · Porch for additional storage space
> · Mosquito mesh panel in door and ceiling of inner dome for better
> ventilation
> · Two roll up side panels for extra ventilation
> · Quick-Release Joints
> · "Aero Grade Aluminium" Poles
> · Erection time 3 minutes
> · Supplied with Carryall and a set of Steel Bivvy Pegs
> · Packet Dimensions (mm) 300 (w) x 300 (h) x 1250 (l)
> · Weight 9.75kg
>
> I have a euro easy dome which I use for one or two night sessions and a
> Continental Easy Dome which I use for week long sessions and fishing
abroad.
> The normal easy dome is a bit small for a bedchair and you cause the inner
> to run againts the outer skin which causes a condensation problem. The
Euro
> the bedchair fits across the dome I have mine at the front and use the
back
> for storage as if it is at the back you get the same condensation problem.
> The Continental is a two man or a single man for long sessions the
> bedchair(s) can run front to back with room between. The Continental is
> also much taller than the other two and I can almost stand upright in the
> middle and I am over 6ft. I have used both versions in summer and
winter
> and have been kept perfectly dry in all conditions. The guy ropes are
fine
> but replace the pegs with better quality ones and it will be gale proof as
> well.
> I tried a few different buvvys over the years before these and I can
> honestly say this is the forst time I have been satisfied with one .
>
> Bob
>

> Bob
>

> "Zoe" > wrote in message
> > Hi. Does anyone know the dimensions of the Fox Easy Dome? I can't find
> > them anywhere.
> >
> > Cheers.

Zoe
January 8th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Cheers Bob.

Do you have the dimensions of the one man Easy Dome bivvy when erected?

I have a Chub Rapid XS 2 man at the moment, but is a bit big for one lake I
fish. So, I am after a one man for my favourite swim there.

The toss up seems to be between the Chub Rapid XS and the Easy Dome. I have
seem the Easy Dome and I think it is a bit too small inside. Apparently the
Chub dome is a bit bigger, but my local shops don't have any on display, so
is hard to get an idea what it is like. If I had the dimensions of the Easy
Dome erected, then I would have a better idea.

Cheers.

"Bob" > wrote in message
> Easy Dome
> · 4oz/210 Denier Fabric
> · 3000mm Hydrostatic Head
> · Built in PE Groundsheet Inner
> · One man capacity
> · Mosquito mesh panel on inner door
> · Quick-Release Joints
> · Lightweight Composite Poles
> · Erection time 3 minutes
> · Supplied with a set of Steel Bivvy Pegs
> · Packet Dimensions (mm) 250 (w) x 250 (h) x 1200 (l)
> · Weight 8.2kg
>
> Euro Easy Dome
> · 6oz/420 Denier Fabric
> · 5000mm Hydrostatic Head
> · Inner dome has built in PE Groundsheet Inner
> · One man capacity
> · Porch for additional storage space
> · Mosquito mesh panel in door and ceiling of inner dome for better
> ventilation
> · Two roll up side panels for extra ventilation
> · Quick-Release Joints
> · "Aero Grade Aluminium" Poles
> · Erection time 3 minutes
> · Supplied with Carryall and a set of Steel Bivvy Pegs
> · Packet Dimensions (mm) 300 (w) x 300 (h) x 1250 (l)
> · Weight 9.75kg
>
> I have a euro easy dome which I use for one or two night sessions and a
> Continental Easy Dome which I use for week long sessions and fishing
abroad.
> The normal easy dome is a bit small for a bedchair and you cause the inner
> to run againts the outer skin which causes a condensation problem. The
Euro
> the bedchair fits across the dome I have mine at the front and use the
back
> for storage as if it is at the back you get the same condensation problem.
> The Continental is a two man or a single man for long sessions the
> bedchair(s) can run front to back with room between. The Continental is
> also much taller than the other two and I can almost stand upright in the
> middle and I am over 6ft. I have used both versions in summer and
winter
> and have been kept perfectly dry in all conditions. The guy ropes are
fine
> but replace the pegs with better quality ones and it will be gale proof as
> well.
> I tried a few different buvvys over the years before these and I can
> honestly say this is the forst time I have been satisfied with one .
>
> Bob
>

> Bob

Richard
January 9th, 2004, 11:55 AM
"Zoe" > wrote in message
> Cheers Bob.
>
> Do you have the dimensions of the one man Easy Dome bivvy when erected?
>
> I have a Chub Rapid XS 2 man at the moment, but is a bit big for one lake
> fish. So, I am after a one man for my favourite swim there.
>
> The toss up seems to be between the Chub Rapid XS and the Easy Dome. I
have
> seem the Easy Dome and I think it is a bit too small inside. Apparently
the
> Chub dome is a bit bigger, but my local shops don't have any on display,
so
> is hard to get an idea what it is like. If I had the dimensions of the
Easy
> Dome erected, then I would have a better idea.
>
> Cheers.

I have a Chub Rapid XS and it is (as you know) a good size one man Bivvy.
Sometimes (but rarely) a bit too large. When you get dimensions be careful
to determine 100% whether the porch is included in the depth, some
manufacturers do that and then when you put it up it is much smaller than
you thoughtit would be. Chub quote theirs with the porch dimension separate.
The Chub has a good height as well. Overall (Imo) it is a first class
product. If you are used to putting the XS2 up on your own (which is huge)
you will find the XS an absolute doddle. (W250, Depth 210 + Porch 85, Height
150)

Cheers ...... Richard

---

Zoe
January 9th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Cheers Richard.

Yeah, Chub give the dimensions very accurately. I have their brochure.
Shame the other manufacturers don't give such good info.

How would you say it is compared to the Easy Dome for size, or even the Carp
Plus. To me, the Carp Plus is about the right size inside. Enough for a
bedchair and still plenty of room.

One other thing. I find putting up and taking down the XS2 easy enough on
my own, despite the size. But, is there a technique to folding it away?

"Richard" > wrote in message

> I have a Chub Rapid XS and it is (as you know) a good size one man Bivvy.
> Sometimes (but rarely) a bit too large. When you get dimensions be careful
> to determine 100% whether the porch is included in the depth, some
> manufacturers do that and then when you put it up it is much smaller than
> you thoughtit would be. Chub quote theirs with the porch dimension
separate.
> The Chub has a good height as well. Overall (Imo) it is a first class
> product. If you are used to putting the XS2 up on your own (which is huge)
> you will find the XS an absolute doddle. (W250, Depth 210 + Porch 85,
Height
> 150)

Richard
January 9th, 2004, 11:46 PM
"Zoe" > wrote in message
> Cheers Richard.
>
> Yeah, Chub give the dimensions very accurately. I have their brochure.
> Shame the other manufacturers don't give such good info.
>
> How would you say it is compared to the Easy Dome for size, or even the
Carp
> Plus. To me, the Carp Plus is about the right size inside. Enough for a
> bedchair and still plenty of room.

Don't know the dimensions of either. However, with the XS the bedchair (I
have JRC Cacoon 3 leg) can go across the middle easily (loads of spare room
each end) or from front to rear apex (centre) position (just). Either way it
leaves ample space inside.

> One other thing. I find putting up and taking down the XS2 easy enough on
> my own, despite the size. But, is there a technique to folding it away?

I found the best thing to do is to pull all the collapsed poles into the
centre as tightly as possible first (with the whole bivvy in an upright
position, not laying down) . I find if I do this and then wrap the rest
around these I get it back in the bag pretty easily.

Cheers ....... Richard

---

boo
January 10th, 2004, 12:51 AM
sorry to butt in but whats the chubb like in heavy wind ie: stabillity and
drafts
cheers boo
"Richard" > wrote in message

> "Zoe" > wrote in message
> > Cheers Richard.
> >
> > Yeah, Chub give the dimensions very accurately. I have their brochure.
> > Shame the other manufacturers don't give such good info.
> >
> > How would you say it is compared to the Easy Dome for size, or even the
> Carp
> > Plus. To me, the Carp Plus is about the right size inside. Enough for
> > bedchair and still plenty of room.
>
> Don't know the dimensions of either. However, with the XS the bedchair (I
> have JRC Cacoon 3 leg) can go across the middle easily (loads of spare
room
> each end) or from front to rear apex (centre) position (just). Either way
it
> leaves ample space inside.
> >
> > One other thing. I find putting up and taking down the XS2 easy enough
on
> > my own, despite the size. But, is there a technique to folding it away?
>
> I found the best thing to do is to pull all the collapsed poles into the
> centre as tightly as possible first (with the whole bivvy in an upright
> position, not laying down) . I find if I do this and then wrap the rest
> around these I get it back in the bag pretty easily.
>
> Cheers ....... Richard
>

> ---

Richard
January 10th, 2004, 08:45 AM
"boo" > wrote in message
> sorry to butt in but whats the chubb like in heavy wind ie: stabillity and
> drafts
> cheers boo
The Chub Rapid XS is fine .... first time I used it we had 50-60mph winds in
Suffolk but got it up ok. Obviously if it is windy you should use the guy
ropes, and I always erect the Bivvy at 90deg to the main wind if possible
..... that helps reduce drafts. According to Chub the product has been wind
tunnel tested ... but know idea what the tests were .... it would be good to
find out. Certainly, Ime ok inthe foregoing though. The Chub XS does have an
integral groundsheet too which is good for helping to keep drafts to a
minimum.

HTH a bit ........ Richard

---

boo
January 10th, 2004, 12:19 PM
thanks m8,sounds the best snap to bivvie going ,just a decision on the xs or
a pram hood style.hmmmmm
cheers boo
"Richard" > wrote in message

> "boo" > wrote in message
> > sorry to butt in but whats the chubb like in heavy wind ie: stabillity
and
> > drafts
> > cheers boo
> The Chub Rapid XS is fine .... first time I used it we had 50-60mph winds
in
> Suffolk but got it up ok. Obviously if it is windy you should use the guy
> ropes, and I always erect the Bivvy at 90deg to the main wind if possible
> .... that helps reduce drafts. According to Chub the product has been wind
> tunnel tested ... but know idea what the tests were .... it would be good
> find out. Certainly, Ime ok inthe foregoing though. The Chub XS does have
an
> integral groundsheet too which is good for helping to keep drafts to a
> minimum.
>
> HTH a bit ........ Richard
>

> ---

Zoe
January 10th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Cheers Richard. I'll give it a go. I found it was the porch which got in
the way, but I just remembered I left the doors rolled up, which probably
didn't help.

Oh, I had another close look at the Fox Easy Dome today. Lovely bivvy, and
cosy, but it is so small the bedchair pushes the inner tent against the
outer tent. Not good if it is raining heavily. Also, the flat rear end
could cause problems if a strong wind comes from behind I would imagine.

Such a shame none of the tackle shops have Chub domes erected.

"Richard" > wrote in message

> "Zoe" > wrote in message
> > Cheers Richard.
> >
> > Yeah, Chub give the dimensions very accurately. I have their brochure.
> > Shame the other manufacturers don't give such good info.
> >
> > How would you say it is compared to the Easy Dome for size, or even the
> Carp
> > Plus. To me, the Carp Plus is about the right size inside. Enough for
> > bedchair and still plenty of room.
>
> Don't know the dimensions of either. However, with the XS the bedchair (I
> have JRC Cacoon 3 leg) can go across the middle easily (loads of spare
room
> each end) or from front to rear apex (centre) position (just). Either way
it
> leaves ample space inside.
> >
> > One other thing. I find putting up and taking down the XS2 easy enough
on
> > my own, despite the size. But, is there a technique to folding it away?
>
> I found the best thing to do is to pull all the collapsed poles into the
> centre as tightly as possible first (with the whole bivvy in an upright
> position, not laying down) . I find if I do this and then wrap the rest
> around these I get it back in the bag pretty easily.
>
> Cheers ....... Richard
>

> ---

Richard
January 10th, 2004, 05:59 PM
"Zoe" > wrote in message
> Cheers Richard. I'll give it a go. I found it was the porch which got in
> the way, but I just remembered I left the doors rolled up, which probably
> didn't help.

No it won't ..... have everything (inner and porch) zipped down. I was told
by an experienced camper to do that and keep them all zipped when pegging
out base also during 'put up'. Then you will not overstretch size slightly
and make the zips hard to operate.

> Oh, I had another close look at the Fox Easy Dome today. Lovely bivvy,
and
> cosy, but it is so small the bedchair pushes the inner tent against the
> outer tent. Not good if it is raining heavily.

No ... it will have the potential to wick through and/or cause condensation
at those points. One of the good design features of the Chub XS range is the
larger air space between inner and outer skin compared to other makes.

Also, the flat rear end

> could cause problems if a strong wind comes from behind I would imagine.

Bound to Imo.

> Such a shame none of the tackle shops have Chub domes erected.

Yep it is .... I saw a few being used and spoke to owners before deciding.
Generally speaking Chub gear is good but unfortunately not stocked as widely
as other makes.

Cheers ....... Richard

---

Richard
January 10th, 2004, 06:04 PM
"boo" > wrote in message
> thanks m8,sounds the best snap to bivvie going ,just a decision on the xs
or
> a pram hood style.hmmmmm
> cheers boo

I think with the pram hoods available you will still need to get a sep.
winter skin to have a satisfactory all year round contruction. These other
designs pop up the whole twin skin dome, and the Chub XS range the
groundsheet as well.

Cheers ..... Richard

---

Zoe
January 10th, 2004, 06:16 PM
A good marketing campaign for Chub is to target suppliers, and have display
models available. Next, to get people using them and say how good they are.

IMO, Fox are under threat. Their rubbish Customer Care, is just the start.
I contacted Chub and Fox online at the same time. Chub had a very nice
brochure at my door in 2 days. Fox didn't even bother! And when I
complained, they didn't even have the courtesy to contact me back. Nice!

In Foxes favour, they do some good stuff, but overpriced with the
competition now-a-days. They rely on 'anoraks'.

Listen Fox. If you sit on road too long, you will get ran over.