PDA

View Full Version : pike in gloucestershire

Activeviii
January 13th, 2004, 01:37 PM
hello all
anyone of a good little place that is easy to fish for pike that is not
miles and miles from home please.
thanks for your help.
Phil.

dunrankin
January 14th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Hampton Ferry, Evesham

Excellent for Pike and Zander, also barbel and others.

Good Cafe on site.

£3 from cafe. You can start before cafe opens.

Go into Evesham, over the bridge towards the town, turn left into Boat
Lane and keep driving, ensuring you stop before you get wet!! :-)

Park by cafe, or on meadow if ground is firm enough.

I've been told the best pegs are far right as you face the river, past
the disabled pegs.

This is all what I've been told, went to look at it Monday, ready for
fishing Tuesday. Looked great, but weather stopped play on Tuesday.
Gonna try again next Tuesday.

Had a chat with local tackle guy, he said the fish are queuing up to
grab hooks on the bit I've just mentioned. Must be reasonably good...
he had sold out of Pike bait!

Tackle shop (Bait Box) is on the High Street.

Tried Bredons Hardwicke a couple of times this season without any
luck. Unusual, 'cos you usually get a bite there. I usually use the
free water there opposite the Fleet Inn. My biggest pike there was
15lb 12oz a couple of years ago. Supposed to be zander there, but I've
never seen one.

Tight Lines.

Bob

Activeviii
January 14th, 2004, 09:23 AM
is the water coloured up at Evesham with al this rain.

I fished the dead arm a few weeks ago but to the 10 guys that were there
only one fish out to 17lb 8oz ;-)

thanks for the info I will have to take a look at it.
All the best.

Phil.

"dunrankin" > wrote in message
> Hampton Ferry, Evesham
>
> Excellent for Pike and Zander, also barbel and others.
>
> Good Cafe on site.
>
> £3 from cafe. You can start before cafe opens.
>
> Go into Evesham, over the bridge towards the town, turn left into Boat
> Lane and keep driving, ensuring you stop before you get wet!! :-)
>
> Park by cafe, or on meadow if ground is firm enough.
>
> I've been told the best pegs are far right as you face the river, past
> the disabled pegs.
>
> This is all what I've been told, went to look at it Monday, ready for
> fishing Tuesday. Looked great, but weather stopped play on Tuesday.
> Gonna try again next Tuesday.
>
> Had a chat with local tackle guy, he said the fish are queuing up to
> grab hooks on the bit I've just mentioned. Must be reasonably good...
> he had sold out of Pike bait!
>
> Tackle shop (Bait Box) is on the High Street.
>
> Tried Bredons Hardwicke a couple of times this season without any
> luck. Unusual, 'cos you usually get a bite there. I usually use the
> free water there opposite the Fleet Inn. My biggest pike there was
> 15lb 12oz a couple of years ago. Supposed to be zander there, but I've
> never seen one.
>
> Tight Lines.
>
> Bob

dunrankin
January 14th, 2004, 05:59 PM
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:23:47 -0000, "Activeviii"
> wrote:

There is colour in the water now, it's gonna get worse too for a
while. Doesnt really worry me, I just love to be there!

>is the water coloured up at Evesham with al this rain.
>
>I fished the dead arm a few weeks ago but to the 10 guys that were there
>only one fish out to 17lb 8oz ;-)
>
>thanks for the info I will have to take a look at it.
>All the best.
>
>Phil.
>
>"dunrankin" > wrote in message
>> Hampton Ferry, Evesham
>>
>> Excellent for Pike and Zander, also barbel and others.
>>
>> Good Cafe on site.
>>
>> £3 from cafe. You can start before cafe opens.
>>
>> Go into Evesham, over the bridge towards the town, turn left into Boat
>> Lane and keep driving, ensuring you stop before you get wet!! :-)
>>
>> Park by cafe, or on meadow if ground is firm enough.
>>
>> I've been told the best pegs are far right as you face the river, past
>> the disabled pegs.
>>
>> This is all what I've been told, went to look at it Monday, ready for
>> fishing Tuesday. Looked great, but weather stopped play on Tuesday.
>> Gonna try again next Tuesday.
>>
>> Had a chat with local tackle guy, he said the fish are queuing up to
>> grab hooks on the bit I've just mentioned. Must be reasonably good...
>> he had sold out of Pike bait!
>>
>> Tackle shop (Bait Box) is on the High Street.
>>
>> Tried Bredons Hardwicke a couple of times this season without any
>> luck. Unusual, 'cos you usually get a bite there. I usually use the
>> free water there opposite the Fleet Inn. My biggest pike there was
>> 15lb 12oz a couple of years ago. Supposed to be zander there, but I've
>> never seen one.
>>
>> Tight Lines.
>>
>> Bob

sofasurfa
January 16th, 2004, 06:40 PM
"Activeviii" > wrote in message
> hello all
> anyone of a good little place that is easy to fish for pike that is not
> miles and miles from home please.
> thanks for your help.
> Phil.

I don't know where 'home' is but I go to the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal. I
had a 12 pounder from there a couple of weeks back.

Activeviii
January 17th, 2004, 08:40 PM
I would love to find someone with a boat at the docksso I could fish in
there.lol
"sofasurfa" > wrote in message
> "Activeviii" > wrote in message
> > hello all
> > anyone of a good little place that is easy to fish for pike that is not
> > miles and miles from home please.
> > thanks for your help.
> > Phil.
> >

> I don't know where 'home' is but I go to the Gloucester & Sharpness Canal.
> had a 12 pounder from there a couple of weeks back.

Kev
January 26th, 2004, 07:57 PM

Ask in www.pikeforum.co.uk am sure the guys will help

--