PDA

View Full Version : FLW Blinks

RGarri7470
October 2nd, 2003, 12:49 AM
FLW changes date of their tournament so it will not conflict with the Classic.
Say they had no idea when the Classic was and did not change originally to
conflict with them. http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?ID=812
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

RGarri7470
October 2nd, 2003, 12:59 AM
IN the same press release - "Since the conflicting dates announcement "we
received (a call from only) one fisherman (Gary Klein) who requested his
(deposits) back, and he's been replaced already. So what would I be afraid of?
"

Guess Klein meant what he said.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Da Chief
October 2nd, 2003, 01:41 AM
Hey Ronnie, I need you to switch gears just a minute. I'm fishing Oconee a
week from this Saturday and will be going out of JR's and probably staying
right there in the creek all day in my puddle jumper. Any suggestions?

Shelby Foles

RichZ
October 2nd, 2003, 02:16 AM
RGarri7470 wrote:
> Say they had no idea when the Classic was and did not change originally to
> conflict with them.

I guess they were busy tending to their Brooklyn Bridge sales department.

The Classic has been in the July/August overlap week for 11 straight years.
The bass community's response was running about 12 to 1 against FLW in
several polls regarding this issue. Irwin realized he has overplayed his
hand, and backed off, pure and simple.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

RGarri7470
October 2nd, 2003, 03:14 AM
>conee a
>week from this Saturday and will be going out of JR's and probably staying
>right there in the creek all day in my puddle jumper. Any suggestions?

If the water is up, the lake is full, go all the way to the very back of Lick
Creek - so far back your trolling motor is kicking up mud. Throw a spinnerbait
or buzzbait at every dark spot you see- those are stumps. Also, throw at the
pvc poles sticking out of the water - those mark deeper stumps. Do this first
thing - as early as possible

As the sun gets up the bank on the marina side has some deeper water and lots
of blow downs. A Senko fished slowly in them usually works good.

Also, wear out the riprap on both bridges. Use a Senko unweighted or a little
slider worm on a 1/16 ounce head. Fish either slowly right on the rocks.

Good luck!
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

J Buck
October 2nd, 2003, 03:31 AM
<Also, throw at the pvc poles sticking out of the water - those mark
deeper stumps>

I hope they are at least painted a color that blends in well...can't
think of many things more unnatural than white PVC pipe sticking up
outta the water.

RGarri7470
October 2nd, 2003, 04:36 PM
> hope they are at least painted a color that blends in well...can't
>think of many things more unnatural than white PVC pipe sticking up
>outta the water.

The folks with docks back there want to be able to see them so they can avoid
the stumps. Those poles were not put there by fishermen.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

J Buck
October 2nd, 2003, 05:20 PM
<white PVC pipe sticking up outta the water>

<<The folks with docks back there want to be able to see them so they
can avoid the stumps. =A0 Those poles were not put there by fishermen>>

Ok, when you said deep stumps, I thought
really deep. Glad it's not fishermen who did it. Thanks for the
clarification.

Bob La Londe
October 2nd, 2003, 06:02 PM
I was back in one back cove on Martinez lake a while back. There was trash
floating everywhere. Then I realized somebody had tied plastic bottles onto
sub surface branch.

Pretty bizarre.

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

"J Buck" > wrote in message
<white PVC pipe sticking up outta the water>

<<The folks with docks back there want to be able to see them so they
can avoid the stumps. Those poles were not put there by fishermen>>

Ok, when you said deep stumps, I thought
really deep. Glad it's not fishermen who did it. Thanks for the
clarification.

Calif Bill
October 2nd, 2003, 09:05 PM
"Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> I was back in one back cove on Martinez lake a while back. There was
trash
> floating everywhere. Then I realized somebody had tied plastic bottles
onto
> sub surface branch.
>
> Pretty bizarre.
>

> --
> Bob La Londe
> Yuma, Az
> http://www.YumaBassMan.com
>
> "J Buck" > wrote in message
> <white PVC pipe sticking up outta the water>
>
> <<The folks with docks back there want to be able to see them so they
> can avoid the stumps. Those poles were not put there by fishermen>>
>
> Ok, when you said deep stumps, I thought
> really deep. Glad it's not fishermen who did it. Thanks for the
> clarification.

May have been floats for crawfish or minnow traps.

Bob La Londe
October 2nd, 2003, 11:52 PM
"Calif Bill" > wrote in message
hlink.net...

> "Bob La Londe" > wrote in message
> > I was back in one back cove on Martinez lake a while back. There was
> trash
> > floating everywhere. Then I realized somebody had tied plastic bottles
> onto
> > sub surface branch.
> >
> > Pretty bizarre.
> >

> > --
> > Bob La Londe
> > Yuma, Az
> > http://www.YumaBassMan.com
> >
> > "J Buck" > wrote in message
> > <white PVC pipe sticking up outta the water>
> >
> > <<The folks with docks back there want to be able to see them so they
> > can avoid the stumps. Those poles were not put there by fishermen>>
> >
> > Ok, when you said deep stumps, I thought
> > really deep. Glad it's not fishermen who did it. Thanks for the
> > clarification.
> >

> May have been floats for crawfish or minnow traps.

I had not thought of that. In this case I could see the standing timber
though.

Chuck Coger
October 3rd, 2003, 05:58 AM
Sounds like Yelas blinked too.
http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp

<snip>
Though Yelas "found it very disappointing that FLW made that move," he'd
already decided that he wasn't going to fish the FLW Tour next year. "I
wasn't planning on fishing FLW anyway," he said. "I'd already made that
decision 3 months ago".
<snip>

It sure sounded to me like it was because the FLW trampled The Classic date
and he made a choice based on that, but I could have read into it too much,
I dont know.

---
Chuck Coger
http://www.fishin-pro.com