PDA

View Full Version : UK rod license question

Baal
February 7th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Do I need an extra license if I have 2 rods and a marker float in use?

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.co.uk

Phil L
February 7th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Baal wrote:
: Do I need an extra license if I have 2 rods and a marker float in use?

You are entitled to *fish* with two rods, you can have twenty-five set up,
but only two with hook and bait !

Baal
February 7th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Thank you, that was what I thought.

I presume if a bailiff wanted to check one would be obliged to reel in to
prove their was no hook attached.

--
I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Baal

http://www.helden.co.uk
"Phil L" > wrote in message
> Baal wrote:
> : Do I need an extra license if I have 2 rods and a marker float in use?
>
> You are entitled to *fish* with two rods, you can have twenty-five set up,
> but only two with hook and bait !

Zoe
February 14th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Rod licence covers rods which are capable of catching fish. A marker rod
isn't, so do don't need an extra licence. Same with a spod rod.

However, if you fished a rod with a hook, but no bait, it is still
classified as being capable of catching a fish. So, you can't use a soft
bait and reel if in fast to loose the bait if a bailiff asks.

If a bailiff wanted to check, then you would have to reel the rod in.