PDA

View Full Version : shakespeare cirrus

Owl
February 13th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Im very new to fishing, and ive been given a shakespeare cirrus 11 meter
pole off a friend of a friend - i have not received this yet, but what im
wanting to know is ..... does anyone have any info on this pole?, weight
ect... Ive done lots of looking on various search engines - but i cant find
anything at all regards this pole.
Any info on this pole would be brilliant.

Thankyou.

Gray
February 13th, 2004, 11:12 AM
"Owl" > wrote in message
> Im very new to fishing, and ive been given a shakespeare cirrus 11 meter
> pole off a friend of a friend - i have not received this yet, but what im
> wanting to know is ..... does anyone have any info on this pole?, weight
> ect... Ive done lots of looking on various search engines - but i cant
find
> anything at all regards this pole.
> Any info on this pole would be brilliant.
>

> Thankyou.

Just Googled this and all I've found is a reel that is marketed in Australia
........sorry

--
Regards
Gray

---

Phil L
February 13th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Owl wrote:
: Im very new to fishing, and ive been given a shakespeare cirrus 11
: meter pole off a friend of a friend - i have not received this yet,
: but what im wanting to know is ..... does anyone have any info on
: this pole?, weight ect... Ive done lots of looking on various search
: engines - but i cant find anything at all regards this pole.
: Any info on this pole would be brilliant.
:
:
: Thankyou.

Yep, I had one and couldnt find any mention of it anywhere on the
web....It's an early all -round pole and it's quite heavy considering it's
length and strength.....todays poles are much lighter and stronger.
I used it for carp and snapped a few top sections, but the universal top
three kits are only about £17.
If you are intending using it for carp, then I would advise you to use a
fairly weak rig - I used 7lb karp kruncer and this is when the top sections
gave way.
The maximum elastic is about a ten, but if you're planning on using it for
smaller fish, then a four may be more suitable.
The largest fish I ever landed on it was a 13lb common in the height of
summer (when the fish were really strong and powerful), it's a fairly robust
pole for a beginner to polefishing, if you have any other Q's please ask.

HTH

PS, if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Dominic Lloyd
February 14th, 2004, 12:02 AM
he says in the question: he was given it.

Owl
February 14th, 2004, 09:32 PM
"Phil L" > wrote in message
> Owl wrote:
> : Im very new to fishing, and ive been given a shakespeare cirrus 11
> : meter pole off a friend of a friend - i have not received this yet,
> : but what im wanting to know is ..... does anyone have any info on
> : this pole?, weight ect... Ive done lots of looking on various search
> : engines - but i cant find anything at all regards this pole.
> : Any info on this pole would be brilliant.
> :
> :
> : Thankyou.
>
> Yep, I had one and couldnt find any mention of it anywhere on the
> web....It's an early all -round pole and it's quite heavy considering it's
> length and strength.....todays poles are much lighter and stronger.
> I used it for carp and snapped a few top sections, but the universal top
> three kits are only about £17.
> If you are intending using it for carp, then I would advise you to use a
> fairly weak rig - I used 7lb karp kruncer and this is when the top
sections
> gave way.
> The maximum elastic is about a ten, but if you're planning on using it for
> smaller fish, then a four may be more suitable.
> The largest fish I ever landed on it was a 13lb common in the height of
> summer (when the fish were really strong and powerful), it's a fairly
robust
> pole for a beginner to polefishing, if you have any other Q's please ask.
>
> HTH
>
> PS, if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for it?

Thanks for the info - most helpful and noted, since you have owned one of
these poles can i ask you how long back was it you had it, and also how much
was it in the stores at the time?, these 2 questions are more curiousety
then anything else, so if you dont recall then thats fine :)

Thanks.

Oh, it is been given to me, but since its comming via a friend of a friend
kind of thing its kinda hard to find anything about it - hence me doing
search engine searches (with out any look) then with me asking on here.

Phil L
February 14th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Owl wrote:
: "Phil L" > wrote in message
: ...
:: Owl wrote:
::: Im very new to fishing, and ive been given a shakespeare cirrus 11
::: meter pole off a friend of a friend - i have not received this yet,
::: but what im wanting to know is ..... does anyone have any info on
::: this pole?, weight ect... Ive done lots of looking on various search
::: engines - but i cant find anything at all regards this pole.
::: Any info on this pole would be brilliant.
:::
:::
::: Thankyou.
::
[...]
I bought it secondhand from a tackle shop - it was my first pole and it set
me back a grand total of £50 ! this was 3 years ago and it was old then.....

: Thanks.
:
: Oh, it is been given to me, but since its comming via a friend of a
: friend kind of thing its kinda hard to find anything about it - hence
: me doing search engine searches (with out any look) then with me
: asking on here.

It's a fairly good pole for what they cost (it wont be worth more than 20 -
30 quid now) and is perfect for match fishing and small carp fishing, just
make sure you purchase a front roller - the one like a V, as they are quite
cumbersome to a pole beginner.
As i said earlier, you can get spare top kits for a few quid and
elasticating them yourself is easy.

Frank McLardy
February 15th, 2004, 02:12 AM
His wife is all over the town. It's an easier question of eliminating
those who haven't been there....She's a right goer.... Great mother to
their two children.

Edward Lionheart
February 18th, 2004, 12:17 AM
Frankie boy..She has a penchant for brickies and firemen, jointly or
severally.... A ditzy-raver cokehead...but a fairly decent shag...