PDA

View Full Version : Windows 98se wanted

Richard
February 24th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Im looking for a windows 98 se disk plus licence, if you upgraded and have a
copy lying around please mail me on

Phil L
February 24th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Richard wrote:
: Im looking for a windows 98 se disk plus licence, if you upgraded and
: have a copy lying around please mail me on

I've got copies, but there are no licences.

Richard
February 24th, 2004, 02:36 PM
"Richard" > wrote in message
> Im looking for a windows 98 se disk plus licence, if you upgraded and have
> copy lying around please mail me on

Why ..... what advantages does it provide?

(Another) Richard

Alex
February 24th, 2004, 08:23 PM
"Richard" > wrote in message
> Im looking for a windows 98 se disk plus licence, if you upgraded and have
> copy lying around please mail me on

---------------------------------------
Seriously! why would you want Windows 98.
It is terribly unstable and a pig to "re-install" an activity you will find
yourself frequently having to do.
Unless of course you want it to allow a legitimate "upgrade" to XP.
Have you tried E_Bay or the various computer fairs around the country?

Hoot!!!
February 25th, 2004, 07:40 PM
how big cam you get a win 98??? 25lb :)

Buy an Apple Mac

Adam
February 26th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Advantages are cheap upgrades to a later OS.

If it is for his own system then he could use pirated software off a mate,
but on a business machine then he will need licences or will get fined
thousands if caught.